Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Best seat placement for RF & FF in 2012 Odyssey (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470108)

barnone 12-06-2012 11:17 AM

Best seat placement for RF & FF in 2012 Odyssey

I am trying to determine the best configuration for 1 FF Britax Marathon and 1 RF Marathon in our Odyssey. Right now (baby is still in Snugride), they are both outboard. But access to the 3rd row is tricky. Do I put them next to each other and take the passenger side seat out of the car for easier 3rd row access? Or keep them both outboard? I could put my older DD in the third row, but she still needs help buckling.

If they are next to each other, does the RF seat go in the middle for the baby? Or my 5 yo FF in the middle?

Any help is appreciated. TIA!!

luvsviola 12-06-2012 12:02 PM

Re: Best seat placement for RF & FF in 2012 Odyssey

We have the oldest in the back, and the two middle kids in the middle row. If you slide the passenger seat to the middle, and put the oldest on the passenger side 3rd row, it is easy to help the oldest buckle.

maramarrie 12-06-2012 10:10 PM

We are actually contemplating an Odyssey purchase this week so I've already thought about this. We will put the FF Marathon in the center 2nd row, the RF Roundabout 50 Classic (same size as Marathon) outboard passenger side 2nd row, and have access to the 3rd row through the driver's side.

Here is a review I found VERY helpful. The Marathon will NOT work RF in the center seat, but will work FF, and you can still access the 3rd row.

http://carseatblog.com/8090/2011-hon...f-pics-videos/

ETA: Also, the RF child is automatically safer than the FF child, so the FF child should be in the safest possible position. If you are trying to decide which child to put in the center (aside whether the car seat fits there or not...according to that blog it wouldn't work anyhow) I would recommend choosing the FF to sit in the center.

barnone 12-07-2012 04:31 PM

Thanks for the blog info. That review was awesome! I'll definitely put my 5yo in the center. But just curious, why did you decide to put the RF seat on the passenger side? I was thinking putting it on the driver side would be easiest.

maramarrie 12-09-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnone (Post 16018009)
Thanks for the blog info. That review was awesome! I'll definitely put my 5yo in the center. But just curious, why did you decide to put the RF seat on the passenger side? I was thinking putting it on the driver side would be easiest.

In my Honda Pilot the only way to access the 3rd row is if we have the kids in the center and behind driver (60-portion of the split). DH is 6'3" and large, so the seat behind the driver makes it impossible to for him to drive comfortably. In the van, we can access the third row from whichever side the kids aren't on. So if we want the driver to come back as far as possible, the best chance of that is to put the child on the passenger side with access to the third row behind the driver.

barnone 12-12-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maramarrie (Post 16025130)
In my Honda Pilot the only way to access the 3rd row is if we have the kids in the center and behind driver (60-portion of the split). DH is 6'3" and large, so the seat behind the driver makes it impossible to for him to drive comfortably. In the van, we can access the third row from whichever side the kids aren't on. So if we want the driver to come back as far as possible, the best chance of that is to put the child on the passenger side with access to the third row behind the driver.

That makes sense. We're all short in my family, so no worries about not having enough room for the driver. LOL Thanks for the help.