Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Another Name Poll (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470793)

lizgrace07 12-08-2012 06:13 PM

Another Name Poll
 
What do you think of Milo Anthony? If you don't like it, tell me why. (If this baby is a boy, I am set on Anthony as a middle name.) TIA!

ETA: We have a John-Paul, William, and Oliver. Do you think Milo fits? Or is it totally different?

my2sweets 12-08-2012 06:34 PM

I like it. It does make me think of Milo and Otis though-kid of the 80s what can I say lol. I think it would go just fine with your other kiddos names :)

lizgrace07 12-08-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 16021197)
I like it. It does make me think of Milo and Otis though-kid of the 80s what can I say lol. I think it would go just fine with your other kiddos names :)

Hmm, I actually kind of like the name Otis too, now that you mention it. But that makes me think of Otis elevators. And it sort of clashes with Oliver. :giggle:

Thanks for the input!

MommaLEB 12-08-2012 06:52 PM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
I like it, but Milo is quickly rising in popularity, if that matters to you.

lizgrace07 12-08-2012 08:18 PM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaLEB (Post 16021249)
I like it, but Milo is quickly rising in popularity, if that matters to you.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I am ok with sort of popular. But there's no telling just how common it might get in the future. I thought I was pretty unique with Oliver... but it turned out not so much.

lizgrace07 12-09-2012 09:05 AM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Hey you who voted no, come tell me why! :giggle:

Seriously, knowing reasons helps me decide what to think of it. :)

MrsAsh 12-09-2012 09:13 AM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 16021197)
I like it. It does make me think of Milo and Otis though-kid of the 80s what can I say lol. I think it would go just fine with your other kiddos names :)

This ^ I always associate it with as a "animal name", not for a person. But this up and coming generation will have forgot all about that movie. :giggle: And for some reason the name together sounds familiar, but I can't figure out why?? :headscratch: Anthony is one of my all time favorite boy names though! :thumbsup: I voted OK. For me Anthony redeems Milo. :)

NappyChappy 12-09-2012 09:14 AM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
I like Milo but not Anthony. I would be worried people might call him Tony. Not a fan but I do really like Milo!

MommaLEB 12-09-2012 09:25 AM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizgrace07 (Post 16021552)
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I am ok with sort of popular. But there's no telling just how common it might get in the future. I thought I was pretty unique with Oliver... but it turned out not so much.


We considered Oliver, I love it, but we ended up vetoing it because neither of us could live with the nickname Ollie.

lizgrace07 12-09-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Another Name Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsAsh (Post 16022606)
This ^ I always associate it with as a "animal name", not for a person. But this up and coming generation will have forgot all about that movie. :giggle: And for some reason the name together sounds familiar, but I can't figure out why?? :headscratch: Anthony is one of my all time favorite boy names though! :thumbsup: I voted OK. For me Anthony redeems Milo. :)

I can totally see what you mean about the animal name thing. I guess it's something that parents might think of, but not his peers. Thanks for the input, this is why I am asking. Because I think I like the name, but I want to know what others think of when they hear it.

I think the name sounds familiar too but I can't figure out why either! It must sound like some other well known name... but I can't figure out what. Marc Anthony maybe???

Quote:

Originally Posted by NappyChappy (Post 16022607)
I like Milo but not Anthony. I would be worried people might call him Tony. Not a fan but I do really like Milo!

Thanks for offering your reason. This helps me a lot. We almost never actually use or say middle names, except on a birth announcement. So I am 99% sure nobody would ever call him Tony or Anthony for that matter. Heck, my dad didn't even know what my kids middle names were the other day. He had completely forgotten. :giggle2: I don't actually like the sound of Tony or Anthony all that much myself, but I love St. Anthony and wanted to use the name to honor him as a middle name/patron saint.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors