Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wish us luck! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470797)

boysniris 12-08-2012 06:35 PM

Wish us luck!

Background: DS2 (3 1/2) was using the potty ALL SUMMER with regularity and reliability -- as long as he was not wearing a diaper or shorts. So, when the weather cooled down and I put him in training pants and clothes, he soiled them (with regularity and reliability). In my laziness I let him go back to wearing diapers and facing the possibility of having to totally size up his stash :hide:

Today I took DS1 (almost 8 yo) out on errands and left DS2 home with DH...DS2 wouldn't let me put his diaper on before I left so I told DH to make sure he used the potty cause I wasn't going to fight him. When we got back, he had both used the potty AND peed on the carpet. He still wouldn't wear a diaper. Then he peed on the carpet a second time :banghead:

As I was getting out the shop vac to clean up the messes, I decided that it's time (partially influenced by my friend suggesting that we need to just go "cold turkey") to say goodbye to diapers. I told DS2 that he was a big boy, now, and I could see that he didn't really want to wear his diapers. I told him that he could say goodbye to them either today or on Monday. He picked Monday.

So on Monday he's going to wear regular undies and, I'm sure, have accidents :( I'm going to have the shop vac all ready. And I really really really hope that he finally gets it!

pottermomma 12-08-2012 06:41 PM

Good luck momma! :goodvibes:

kalibratx4 12-08-2012 09:24 PM

Re: Wish us luck!

oh fun :) good luck Mama.....

mamamarisa 12-08-2012 09:29 PM

oh boy. Good luck. My ds has the same attitude about dipes as yours, but reliably pees in his underwear, if not the floor, especially AFTER sitting on the potty.

raymark 12-08-2012 09:43 PM

Good luck :)

RockinLou 12-08-2012 10:01 PM

good luck! I know that this has been driving you crazy for awhile now, he's totally capable, now it's just time to find out what can bait him into success... we have hard wood floors and rolled up the carpets the week DD trained! I also had her in underware the entire time, and leggins when it was clear she didn't care about wet undies... but she really didn't like wet leggins clung to her :giggle:

boysniris 12-08-2012 10:48 PM

I did have him in undies a week or so ago. I took him to use the potty and he REFUSED to pull them down. Peed right through them. I'm planning on putting him into undies and JEANS -- that sounds so incredibly uncomfortable if wet :giggle:

Anyway, thanks all! I will be updating, I'm sure, with progress in the next few days.

sisu 12-08-2012 11:13 PM

Ahh, good luck! My son is not quite 3, I'm quite sure he has the physical capability to potty train but I'm not so confident of his willingness, he has a stubborn streak that's a mile wide. Nevertheless, I will be giving it a go in a week when I have a break from school and can devote some effort to it.

I'll :cheer: your efforts if you do the same for mine. :)

hilaryisinked 12-09-2012 04:05 AM

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

boysniris 12-10-2012 01:06 PM

This morning, after dropping DS1 at school, we came home and packed up almost all the diapers (he thinks they're all packed up but i kept nighttime/nap stuff available. Put on undies, he was excited, went potty twice when I took him.

After second potty, less than an hour later, he announced he peed his undies. Didn't want to change them into dry undies or dry pants :banghead: What kind of kid wants to wear cold wet undies (not a diaper or trainer...thin undies) and cold wet thin cotton pants?

I changed his undies/clothes anyway, into undies and JEANS! He peed them too. He was acting really irritable so I gave him naptime. I didn't want to put him in a diaper so I put his trainers on, but since they are not nap-worthy I stuck a folded PF in like a liner (they don't have pockets) and put on his pants. He is sleeping.

So...it's not going like I'd hoped, but I am NOT getting the diapers back out.