Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   If I had known... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470900)

babymakes3.4.5.... 12-09-2012 08:57 AM

If I had known...

...that I would hate using covers on a newborn, not really care for prefolds on them either, and that the newborn Simplex were the best thing since sliced bread - I would have bought ALL newborn Simplex! Seriously! These fit under his cord from birth (nb proraps and nb workhorse didn't even fit under the cord!), they are easy to change, easy to wash, and less hassle! But alas, I only have 2 :banghead:

So I guess I just wanted to complain...and share! I love prefolds and covers, especially the Flip system, on my 2 yr old, so that's what I stashed up on! It never occurred to me that I might like different systems for different stages.

BTW, if you're reading this and thinking, gosh, I sure wish I had a bunch of prefolds and covers instead of these newborn simplex, PM me! We'll trade lol!

dncnshu00 12-09-2012 09:07 AM

I LOVE my nb simplex. They fit from day one and DD2 is still wearing them 4 months later. Great investment for us!!!!

Tina5834 12-09-2012 09:51 AM

No leaking? Are they more absorbent than BGxs?

ds1997 12-09-2012 10:00 AM

Re: If I had known...

I had way too many prefolds and covers too that got no use. I love AIOs. The Simplex weren't out last time but they look awesome.

organicmama10 12-09-2012 10:04 AM

Re: If I had known...

Simplex are one of our favorites in our NB stash!

babymakes3.4.5.... 12-09-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

I have not had any leaks, but he is only a week old today so he's not a super heavy wetter or anything like that :)

I can't compare to the bgs, I only have all cotton diapers, I can't keep microfiber stink-free!

pottermomma 12-09-2012 11:12 AM

How long did they realistically fit for? My first was a 9 pounder so I'm assuming my next will be on the larger size too so newborn soakers are really short term at least what we got but I see these are supposed got up to 16lb which is promising.

Skybaby712 12-09-2012 12:05 PM

You can always stock up in Simplex when he needs to size up :) I have been wanting to try them for a while.

dncnshu00 12-09-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 16022554)

Waaaayyyyy more absorbant than bg xs. DD2 outgrew the absorbancy in the bg xs at about 3 weeks but the simplex are still going strong at 4 months.

dncnshu00 12-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pottermomma (Post 16022767)
How long did they realistically fit for? My first was a 9 pounder so I'm assuming my next will be on the larger size too so newborn soakers are really short term at least what we got but I see these are supposed got up to 16lb which is promising.

I'm assuming at this point they really do fit to 16 lbs. DD2 is 12.5lbs and still on the second row of snaps (out of three) so we still have lots if growing room left. I have small babies so they last us FOREVER. She is 4.5 months now. I fully expect the nb simplex to last until she is AT LEAST 6 months.