Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Feel a little sad I'm going to be losing my "non traditional" status soon (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471399)

Suzi 12-10-2012 07:22 PM

Feel a little sad I'm going to be losing my "non traditional" status soon

I was catching up on posts in here and it dawned on me that after I get married I will be fairly traditional. There will be steps and ex's to work with but 6more or less things will be traditionalish. I've been a single mom for almost 6 years. I hardly know how to be a parent without being a single mom.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally excited for the wedding but its always sad to leave a big part of your life behind :goodvibes:

adjroberts 12-10-2012 10:15 PM

(Hug)

pine_apple_goat 12-20-2012 03:32 PM

You're moving on to a new chapter. I'm sure it'll still be amazing. Hugs. Congrats on the wedding!

Almacham 12-25-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Feel a little sad I'm going to be losing my "non traditional" status soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat (Post 16065465)
You're moving on to a new chapter. I'm sure it'll still be amazing. Hugs. Congrats on the wedding!

This. :hugs:

abunchoflemons 12-25-2012 03:29 PM

Agreed.it's different but new chapter of your life.congratulations on wedding.

debcita429 12-25-2012 07:52 PM

It's interesting... I was reading a book recently on emotionally healthy churches, and they were talking about taking the time we need to grieve whatever needs to be grieved. One of the things they listed was grieving the loss of singleness when you marry. It may seem counterintuitive for a time of joy, but it can carry its own trauma (and certainly its own adjustments). So I guess let yourself feel all of what you are feeling--the strangeness and the wonder, the loss of identity (in some sense) and the co-creating of new identity. :) Congratulations!

ZnBmama 01-11-2013 05:18 PM

Congrats on your wedding!

Suzi 01-12-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcita429 (Post 16078367)
It's interesting... I was reading a book recently on emotionally healthy churches, and they were talking about taking the time we need to grieve whatever needs to be grieved. One of the things they listed was grieving the loss of singleness when you marry. It may seem counterintuitive for a time of joy, but it can carry its own trauma (and certainly its own adjustments). So I guess let yourself feel all of what you are feeling--the strangeness and the wonder, the loss of identity (in some sense) and the co-creating of new identity. :) Congratulations!

Exactly!

Vitaminsnap 02-28-2013 09:04 PM

Aww. Congrats, momma! Grieve what you need to, and enjoy the rest. :D

ChunkyMunky 02-28-2013 09:12 PM

Thats sad and amazing. Enjoy your new life!!