Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My Dh is a criminal! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471472)

Rdesonia 12-11-2012 02:16 AM

My Dh is a criminal!

Do you check your mail to make sure it is in your name before you open it?

I just told DH I was going to report him because he opened up a random person's mail that was sent to our address. It was a Vonage Advertisement. He threw it away! He is so going to jail! :giggle2: So are you evil? Do you open and trash other people desperately wanted junk mail? If I ever divorce him (again) , I'm totally going to use the fact that he commits mail crimes against him. :giggle2:

Shimpie 12-11-2012 03:22 AM

Re: My Dh is a criminal!

I trash junk mail for the previous tenant with relish, especially mail for Marlboro miles/points or whatever. On the other hand, I've gone out of my way to return mail from the DMV sent to the wrong address and deliver my neighbors' mis-delivered mail.

Agla 12-11-2012 04:02 AM

I do look. I have a mail carrier that would give me all kind of random mail.

I'm glad other people look too. Just this week I have had two packages delivered to the wrong address. One was a Christmas present. The other was a computer! Luckily both people were honest.

Rhianna'sMommy 12-11-2012 06:52 AM

I accidentally opened one of the neighbors bills once. I opened it without paying attention and then when I saw the total looked closer and realized it wasn't ours. I gladly returned that to them. I occationally get someones junk mail delivered to us and I toss that. I'm not taking someone junk mail a legitimate mail yes, but not junk.

BinahYeteirah 12-11-2012 06:59 AM

I mark them "return to sender" with a note that the addressee does not live at my address. Often this gets those people taken off the mailing list at my address.

Kimmyann 12-11-2012 07:03 AM

If it comes to my house I either open it or trash it.

Pixi6s 12-11-2012 07:32 AM

i put it back in the mailbox, even junk mail, so the carrier knows they made a mistake... unless its my address with other peoples names, that i throw out or do a catalog stop, etc.

Mom2Connor 12-11-2012 07:37 AM

We still get junk mail from the old owners of this house. We have lived here for over three years. It is slowing down somewhat. They got a lot of junk mail apparently.

What I think is funniest is that there is a family that still sends an xmas card (the picture and letter combo deal) every Christmas. That is exactly why I don't do those things....I mean seriously, if you don't know someone moved over THREE YEARS ago, how close are you really to them, and do they really want to see your xmas card?

divabeadz 12-11-2012 08:50 AM

Junk mail doesn't get forwarded so I suspect the USPS doesn't care if you open someone else's junk mail. I've accidentally opened mail in my box addressed to someone else before - first class mail I'll bring back to the post office, junk mail I'll just toss in the recycle bin. Several years ago, one of my pieces of mail was accidentally placed in the wrong box and the recipient kept it! It was a custom BRI skirty for my dd.

Almacham 12-11-2012 08:53 AM

I hate junk mail and it's a big waste, so it all goes into the recycling bin no matter whom it's addressed to.