Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   10mo old waking every hour (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471730)

Palooka 12-11-2012 09:06 PM

10mo old waking every hour

:headscratch: For both naps and bedtime he is waking every hour on the dot, our sitter jokes she could set her watch by him. Sometimes he cries for 5 minutes and falls back to sleep, but most of the time we have to restart the whole routine or bring him to bed with us, where he again cries every hour until morning. This just started and it's already old.:banghead:

any ideas?

keen1981 12-11-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn.mcc
:headscratch: For both naps and bedtime he is waking every hour on the dot, our sitter jokes she could set her watch by him. Sometimes he cries for 5 minutes and falls back to sleep, but most of the time we have to restart the whole routine or bring him to bed with us, where he again cries every hour until morning. This just started and it's already old.:banghead:

any ideas?

How long has it been gong on? Is he walking yet?

ChocoMeijin 12-11-2012 09:20 PM

Sleep regression. It sucks and i don't have any really good advice, but good luck!

EmilytheStrange 12-11-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoMeijin
Sleep regression. It sucks and i don't have any really good advice, but good luck!

Yes, 9 month sleep regression. Which can start at 10 months.

I'm on my phone, but if you google, you'll get a lot of results. Babysleepsite is a good one to read.

It's good that yours is going back to sleep on their own sometimes.

mrseum 12-11-2012 09:25 PM

Is he screaming/fussing/arching during these times at all? Seemingly uncomfortable?? Ds 2 got progressively worse and I knew he had reflux but when he started only sleeping 20 mins every hr @ 9 months I knew there where food allergies- which where confirmed at 11 months. It may not be that; but if you feel that it's not the "normal" sleep regression; go with your instincts. Are you nursing/ have you possibly started solids recently?

Palooka 12-11-2012 10:10 PM

Re: 10mo old waking every hour

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 16032938)
How long has it been gong on? Is he walking yet?

Been going on for nearly a week, but he's been walking for a couple months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrseum (Post 16032998)
Is he screaming/fussing/arching during these times at all? Seemingly uncomfortable?? Ds 2 got progressively worse and I knew he had reflux but when he started only sleeping 20 mins every hr @ 9 months I knew there where food allergies- which where confirmed at 11 months. It may not be that; but if you feel that it's not the "normal" sleep regression; go with your instincts. Are you nursing/ have you possibly started solids recently?

He's been on solids since 6 months, never had any reflux or issues.

Currently he is standing in his bed howling. I tried changing his diaper and he howled the whole time. He falls asleep as soon as I hold him, but when I put him down he immediately looks for me. If I'm not right there he cries, I usually have to put a hand down to calm him. So I would think it was attachment, but the same thing happens in bed with us! He wakes every hour, eyes closed, crying. I reposition him, give him the other breast, etc., but it's a lot of fussing for seemingly no reason.

EmilytheStrange 12-11-2012 10:18 PM

It does seem like no reason, but the regression is dealing with developmental leaps he's trying to make and practice in his sleep time.

Once he masters those things, he should go back to normal.

Palooka 12-12-2012 07:54 AM

I just realized it sort of started when he was really sick. When he was sick I just kept comforting him. If it's hanging on from that I'm not sure what to do.

Should I go to him every single hour? Or let him cry in his bed and see if he goes back to sleep? Sometimes he does if I give him 5 minutes, but I feel terrible doing that through out the night and I worry that's making things worse. We co-sleep part of the night, but I'm just not willing to go to bed at 7 or 8pm every night and miss that time with hubby, so I really need him to be in his crib for at least a few hours.

UVASahm 12-12-2012 08:07 AM

I know some people will definitely disagree but if the crying only lasts for five minutes it won't hurt him. Any more than that I would go in and try to comfort him. I agree with pp I'm sure it's just sleep progression. My guy has recently started this has well but it only lasts for five mins and then he goes to sleep. I hope it gets better!!!!

Alikhlas 12-12-2012 11:47 PM

Maybe he's getting some teeth in? Early start on 1 yr molars?