Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many people actually prefer OS? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471822)

tentrevival 12-12-2012 09:44 AM

How many people actually prefer OS?

I know there was a thread recently about whether you actually use them birth to potty, but I am just wondering how much of the market really prefers OS to sized because there are so few commercial brands that offer sized diapers.

If you have any particular preferences you almost always have to find a WAHM who will do a custom if you want it in a sized diaper.

What are your experiences with this?

For those who use a newborn and OS system, why do you prefer that over a two sized system (like AMP/Apple Cheeks)?

Has anyone else noticed this? There are so many thread saying, "What diaper has this this and this that's sized?", and the answer is always, "Such and such WAHM can make that for you. Commercial Brand has all those things, but it's one size."

Is there a brand you use for other reasons that is OS, but you would really prefer those features in a sized system?

UVASahm 12-12-2012 10:07 AM

I'm new to cding but I love os. I had some sized diapers and found it annoying when my some started to grow out of them faster than some babies. I also get creative with the buttons like only buttoning the two side and not the middle and the other way around :).

Kissed by the Moon 12-12-2012 10:10 AM

Re: How many people actually prefer OS?

when my kids were little we used size small and then moved on to sized or one size. When they are bigger it doesn't matter as much, but often when babies are small the one sized is too large.

ErinJenna 12-12-2012 10:18 AM

I have 2 in diapers so having OS means I don't need one set for my 5 month old and one set for my 2 year old. My diapers are easily sized to fit either boy :-)

thejuel 12-12-2012 10:18 AM

I love one size for the cost factor but I hate the look of all the rise snaps on the front.

FindingMercy 12-12-2012 10:21 AM

I like not having to either store the different sizes of diapers they aren't currently wearing or having to sell off and buy new as they grow. One-sized is nice because you can see if they are ready to go up a size without much hassle.

bumminbeachbabe 12-12-2012 10:25 AM

We only use OS for night time. I prefer sized the rest of the time. I like the fit of our sized diapers much better than a OS, but you can't beat the room for absorbency in most OS diapers.

mothergooseofthree 12-12-2012 10:26 AM

I don't currently have a baby, but when I did I preferred sized diapers. Now that I have bought some dipes to checkout for a future baby, I really dislike OS.

I prefer dipes to fit snug to the body. You don't get that with OS on a small baby. I despise the look of all of the snaps on the front of OS dipes, and while I do like the look of OS that adjust with the leg elastics, I dislike the extra fabric bunching up.

If you use nb or small dipes, then switch to OS then you aren't really getting a one-size-fits-all product.

Nerissa 12-12-2012 10:26 AM

DD is 2.5 months and I am moving to all OS diapers. I dont' want to store a bunch of different sizes and really dont' want to deal with buying/selling as she out grows diapers.

I am annoyed enough just trying to sell off the NB and size smalls.

abunchoflemons 12-12-2012 10:34 AM

I think for really small sized but I prefer fbos older 10 snap with overlap snap. I like adjustability like I just was telling new mamas to cds atLLL meeting.