Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite NB cover? Favorite OS cover? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471879)

2wonderfulboys 12-12-2012 01:23 PM

Favorite NB cover? Favorite OS cover?

Title says it all :) What is a good amount of covers to have for 2?

hilaryisinked 12-12-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Favorite NB cover? Favorite OS cover?

Favorite newborn covers are ProWraps, Bummis Super Lite, & Bummis Super Brite.
Favorite OS covers are Flip & Econobum.
Go by the usual 3 diapers to 1 cover ratio to figure out how many covers.

HeatherM0529 12-12-2012 01:44 PM

I love Bummis Super Brite and Super Snap for NB covers.
For OS I like Flip and Zookies!

Hungry Caterpillar 12-12-2012 01:46 PM

Blueberry Mini Coveralls were the hands-down favorite for newborn

For one size, I never found any to really love. I went to wool instead in different sizes. Thirsties size 1 we used a lot, they were okay.

penguinande 12-12-2012 03:35 PM

NB- Thirsties xs; one-size - Flip. I have 2 in diapers and have a total of 11 covers (2 small Thirsties, 2 medium Thirsties, 5 Flip, 2 one-size Imagine), which is more than enough. I also use some pockets and aios, but even if I only used prefolds/fitteds and covers, I think I could get by with 8 covers. 10 would be plenty for washing every other day.

sunlightmlp 12-12-2012 04:32 PM

Thirsties Duo Size 1 for newborn, Blueberry Coverall for OS

lady longs 12-12-2012 05:16 PM

I had 6 covers when diapering 1 full time. I never needed more. I washed every 2-3 days.

revolekim 12-12-2012 05:48 PM

I liked Proraps the best--and they're fitting a lot longer than I expected too. They're still my go-to cover and DD is almost 8 weeks and probably close to 11 pounds. My favorite OS cover is BB coveralls, but I've never tried it with a smaller baby. It's still a bit big for DD, but it's the only cover that fits my huge 2-year-old. I have no clue how many you need for two in diapers--and I have two in diapers. :)

mommynieb 12-12-2012 06:03 PM

My DS was 9lbs at birth and I loved using Thirsties duo size 1 and flip covers from the beginning. At 2 months he is 16lbs so we have upgraded to Thirsties duo size 2, but we're still on the smalled snap rise on the flip. I only wish that they had more patterned covers!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DS Forum

Mandan914 12-13-2012 03:24 PM

We used Softbums AI2 OS Echo shells for our newborn was by far our favorite and was also able to use the same shells on our 2 year old. So we didnt have to have as many because we were able to reuse the cover several times a day for ea kid.. I think you could get by with 12 shells for nb & 8 for and older baby.. that would be if you want to wash every other day.. (6 shells nb a day, 4 shells toddler a day)