Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What size prefold for burpcloth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471935)

s@hmommy 12-12-2012 04:02 PM

What size prefold for burpcloth?

I am buying sil some prefolds to use for burpclothes but have never seen anything smaller than a green edge diaper junction pf. Would newborn or preemie be better? Our family has a tendency to make spitty babies, so if hers are anything like the rest of ours she will need them.

ArmyWifeBethany 12-12-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy
I am buying sil some prefolds to use for burpclothes but have never seen anything smaller than a green edge diaper junction pf. Would newborn or preemie be better? Our family has a tendency to make spitty babies, so if hers are anything like the rest of ours she will need them.

I use small bleached Diaper Rites, and they're the perfect size!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

TrennaII 12-12-2012 06:51 PM

Re: What size prefold for burpcloth?

I wouldn't go too small. People gave us the Gerber ones and I always ended up using our GMD size medium flats (we had some major spit-up issues till I quit with eggs and dairy).

c&w's mama 12-12-2012 06:57 PM

I always used whatever size he wasn't in... pretty generic, I know- but I don't think you can go too wrong. I'd go big so they can go on the bum later. I loved organic flips for burp cloths- my friends couldn't believe how well they worked at catching.

hilaryisinked 12-12-2012 07:00 PM

I like infant size so small. Not newborn size.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

s@hmommy 12-12-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c&w's mama (Post 16036641)
I always used whatever size he wasn't in... pretty generic, I know- but I don't think you can go too wrong. I'd go big so they can go on the bum later. I loved organic flips for burp cloths- my friends couldn't believe how well they worked at catching.

If it were anyone else I would, but she finds it "disgusting" to put poop in the washer so she will not be cding. I can't wait for the first poopsplosion she has to experience and, gasp, put poopy clothes into the wash!

Thanks for the advice ladies!

mariamommy 12-12-2012 07:41 PM

I use preemie size for burp cloths. They're perfect for spit-up rags too, once baby is a little bigger and doesn't need burping but spits up a lot.

c&w's mama 12-12-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy (Post 16036658)
If it were anyone else I would, but she finds it "disgusting" to put poop in the washer so she will not be cding. I can't wait for the first poopsplosion she has to experience and, gasp, put poopy clothes into the wash!

lol! I have a very dear friend who still can't believe I put poop in the washer-- I'm well known for not liking poop ;)

So, I revise--- give her what you want back ;)
or like a medium size because you want it to stay on the shoulder (people are always dropping them!) and its nice when people hold the new baby that they're all on your prefold (for the baby and the occasional person who doesn't wear spit-up proudly)

RockinLou 12-12-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy (Post 16036658)

if they are never going to be used for diapering, I would just get the gerber or carter's ones from BRU or Wal-Mart.

sandrc 12-12-2012 08:16 PM

I used toddler size prefolds for burp cloths and change pads. They were the perfect size and gave good coverage on front and back of shoulder plus they were big enough to lay a newbie on for changes. I love them.