Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Absorbant fitted for big baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471979)

CDingLizabelle 12-12-2012 06:40 PM

Absorbant fitted for big baby?

I absolutely love using fitteds and wool at night, but I have two problems. One, my baby is a heavy wetter (I get leaks with a workhorse and hemp doubler under a woollybottoms soaker). Two, my baby is growing fast (born 7lb9oz and over 18lbs at 4 months). I found that blueberry bamboo fitteds are very thirsty and I love them. I got them because they are one size and figured they would last a while. Well I got them black Friday and my guy is already wearing them with all snaps open! There is no room for him to grow!!!! I have one goodmomma and that seems tight too. I have already sized up my stash twice. What night fitted diapers can I find that will actually last a while??? (not to mention the wool I have to replace already!)

K.D. 12-12-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Absorbant fitted for big baby?

What about Sandy's (by Mother-Ease)? It is a 2-size system, and tends to fit big. The bamboo is more absorbant, and you can add a Sandy's liner for more protection.

UVASahm 12-12-2012 07:05 PM

Sbish multis. I think they only come in snap less which works well for big babies because you can get a good fit.

Also, don't give up on some of your fitteds and wool just yet! I had a HUGE baby. Also 18lbs at his 4 month. He's now 10 months and only 23lbs. Once he started to sit up, crawl, etc. he thinned out and got taller. He's been on the same setting on his os dipes since 5 months. He's just now growing out of his mediums because of the rise.

booty hunter 12-12-2012 07:30 PM

I use these at night for my huge ,supersoaker dd at night and they are bullet proof. Two nights ago dh forgot to put a cover on her and the next morning it was dry on the outside!! Couldn't believe it. Serious awesomeness http://www.poppyfieldsshop.com/.
And she is a ds mama who is amazing to work with!

CDingLizabelle 12-12-2012 07:31 PM

UVASahm, thank you for sharing your story. I was starting to get real frustrated with constantly sizing up. Hopefully my baby will be similar to yours in growth.
I will look into the sbish (I do love snap less) and sandys. Thanks!

CDingLizabelle 12-12-2012 07:47 PM

Ooo, poppy fields look awesome. Thanks!

c&w's mama 12-12-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDingLizabelle (Post 16036777)
UVASahm, thank you for sharing your story. I was starting to get real frustrated with constantly sizing up. Hopefully my baby will be similar to yours in growth.
I will look into the sbish (I do love snap less) and sandys. Thanks!

just another story- not much about fitteds (I wasn't brave enough to try)

don't worry- he'll slow down.

my dude was the same (a touch bigger at 4 months if anything). I had to go directly to Karen at GMD because I didn't know how to keep up- he soaked prefolds in no time flat and I felt terrible he was soaked! My son's now only about 26 lbs so he's been wearing the same brown edge for a year (and still going- now they look trim to me) after we flew through the first sizes- but now thinking about it, we did use the red for a good 3 months. I needed wide baby and I had a ton of doublers from GMD. 2 hemp doublers on the outside of a "next size up" prefold (now green) with a smaller prefold or doubler depending on our exact stage. I got flats to play with, too. We didn't start trying fitteds until he was older.

I now always size up crazy big (I think) because I still remember the early days :) We're trying sbish snapless and OBF just now ourselves.

the poppy fields look downright amazing.

bigmamakelsey 12-12-2012 08:23 PM

Bububebe, hands down. They're SUPER absorbent and run large. My 19lb 5 month old wears them on the fold over (smallest) rise setting with wings crossing. Just for kicks, I tried it on my 35lb 3 year old and he even had a lot of room to grow.

ETA: I LOVE poppy fields, too! They're awesome:) I'd highly recommend those as well:) For some reason, I thought you were looking for one size.

CDingLizabelle 12-12-2012 10:45 PM

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories too! I would love a OS fitted so I will certainly look at bububee.