Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I'm worried switching to cloth at night will disrupt her sleep! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471986)

hilaryisinked 12-12-2012 07:04 PM

I'm worried switching to cloth at night will disrupt her sleep!

My DD2 has never worn cloth at night. We used sposies on DD1 (and use sposie pull ups at night on her now), liked it, so we stick with it with DD2. Now that she sleeps 10 hours straight without nursing she could really get by with a normal, not stuffed to the max, cloth diaper over night. But I'm so scared it will somehow disrupt her sleep! Anyone BTDT with switching to cloth at night this late in the game? We switched back and forth between cloth and sposie at night on DD1 and it didn't affect her...I don't know why I'm so worried.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

iheartua07 12-12-2012 08:09 PM

DS started sttn at 9 wks and we switched to cloth at 4 mos with no sleep issues. I've always used a BG 4.0 stuffed with a MF and a hemp insert with almost no leaks until recently. He is almost a year though so I think he's just peeing more lol.

alaskamum 12-12-2012 08:18 PM

Re: I'm worried switching to cloth at night will disrupt her sleep!

Sort of the opposite but possibly relevant...my dd1 was a rough sleeper, I had her in cloth at night. I experimented with sposies at night b/c I thought that maybe the bulk (just an organic flip in a bgos) was bothering her...but she did not sleep any better in sposies. I ended up switching back to cloth at night. She only started sleeping well at night when she potty trained (thankfully at 20 months) and figured out to hold her pee all night.
So, the moral of the story is that if she is a good sleeper the diaper probably won't make much of a difference.

MomBecks 12-12-2012 08:37 PM

My los tended to sleep better in cloth! I think it had to do with the temperature spikes when they pee in a sposie - they get super hot!

american_mommy 12-12-2012 09:12 PM

My ds will be 3 in Feb. I started him in cloth at 5 mths. He was a giant baby and had massive thighs. I had a hard time finding diapers that fit him well and nothing I felt comfortable putting him in for an entire night. So we just used sposies.
About a month or so ago I said enough. I was sick of buying them and then they were constantly leaking, almost nightly. So I said I was just going to do it! And we have been going well, he had a leak one night when I had used liners because he had a rash and I put desitin on him but the liner kind of stuck out of the diaper.
I am using flips with an organic insert wrapped around a hemp babies. I am so happy it is working and he has no issues at all sleeping with them!