Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nighttime CDing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472033)

abeccarelli 12-12-2012 10:23 PM

Nighttime CDing

I am new to cloth and used disposables on my first two girls. #3 is in cloth (I wish I would have done that sooner). We still use disposables at night because we co-sleep and DH would freak if she peed all over him (although I think it would be downright funny).

I use gDiapers for travel and have a stash of Sunbaby diapers for home (I have to say I prefer my kawaiis because of the fit). I also have some prefolds, but no covers yet.

I was looking at Econobums (we are on a tight budget) for night, but I am nervous. She really doesn't pee at all at night (she is 5 mo but neither of my other girls wet at night either), but I want to be cautious. What do you more seasoned mommies recommend for a family on a budget?

abunchoflemons 12-12-2012 11:23 PM

Re: Nighttime CDing

We have FB bu really to me sounds like anything you have might work too. My daughter did pee in our bed and that was with disposables before we switched to cds.

abeccarelli 12-13-2012 06:51 AM

If she leaks in disposables I get to blame DH (he still isn't 100% on board with cloth, he thinks it is a phase). I figure what I have will work, I am just nervous. I am curious about how well Econobums work as well.

nonipie 12-13-2012 08:04 AM

I would go with Flip organics. You can even use them with the Econobum covers for nights. Very absorbent. We used them for nights for both of our older children. I just started using them for my youngest and he was peeing out of disposables at night. He made it last night for about 10 hours, no leaks. He is a heavy wetter so you should be covered.

Mandan914 12-13-2012 11:13 AM

I would go with Bamboo or Hemp for overnights.. I havent used econobums bc we use primaraly Softbums and we never have leaks..

meljc 12-13-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 16038074)
I would go with Flip organics. You can even use them with the Econobum covers for nights. Very absorbent. We used them for nights for both of our older children. I just started using them for my youngest and he was peeing out of disposables at night. He made it last night for about 10 hours, no leaks. He is a heavy wetter so you should be covered.

Yup :-) Flip covers are 2 for $20, a 3-pack of Organic inserts is $20, and hemp babies doublers are $3 each. My preference is actually to stuff a flip+hemp babies in a pocket. If you already have pockets that are wide enough, you can have nights taken care of for $29!

abeccarelli 12-13-2012 01:04 PM

I think I may get the flip covers since they are such a good price, is there any difference between those and Econobums? I have to say I like color, so that alone makes the extra $2 worth it to me. DD may get those for Christmas!

meljc 12-13-2012 01:14 PM

Flips have flaps and I have heard they are higher quality (I don't have econobum)

DeniseH80 12-13-2012 01:38 PM

I have HEAVY nightime wetters and i invested in a wool soaker. Love it!!! I had been scared of wool for years and now i am kicking myself for not trying it earlier. I would have washed so many less sheets!!!

clkcurlyq 12-13-2012 07:02 PM

We're having good luck so far with a MF insert and 2 hemp inserts in a pocket.