Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Uh.. what do I do? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472037)

EmmaGM 12-12-2012 11:11 PM

Uh.. what do I do?

Dh clogged our only toilet. He tried plunging it and then dr. Google said to try using a wire hanger. Now the hanger is stuck in the toilet. -_- there's nothing in the bowl but every time we try to flush it just overflows.

We're supposed to have 24 emergency maintenance but the answering service is not... answering. (Isn't that a violation of our lease?!)

So.. now what do I do? Hope I don't have to pee in the next 10 hours?

lookatreestar 12-12-2012 11:17 PM

Ask a neighbor? Pee in a bucket? Lol you def need to snake the drain.

sisu 12-13-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Uh.. what do I do?

:eek: Plunge harder?

3lilbubs 12-13-2012 12:50 AM

:doh: Please don't ask dr google anymore. LOL Given that you have a son, I would suggest getting a toilet auger or manual drain snake. They're cheap. They save you a lot of plumbing fees. You can get them at places like home depot. This is going to be a common occurrence in your house. ;) It sounds like dh may have gotten the coat hanger caught on the curve of the inside bowl. I'd twist it gently while wiggling to see if he can get it unhooked. If not, now would be a really good time to drag in your camp potty if you have one. LOL

EmmaGM 12-13-2012 12:59 AM

This is the most ridiculous thing. There's nothing to do but laugh. Still no answering service, still no working toilet.

Mommy/4boys 12-13-2012 05:45 AM

Try hot water and dawn dish soap. I have had to this a couple of times.

PBAki 12-13-2012 05:57 AM

Sometimes you have to take off the whole toilet. We had to do that once. Let's just say my wife's nephew clogged it so bad that not even the clothes hanger worked. If you or your DH can I'd do that and just install a new toilet ring after cleaning the old one out.

bluedaisyma 12-13-2012 06:22 AM

We actually got a toilet auger caught in our toilet. Couldn't find it even after taking off the toilet lol. We ending up cutting off the part that was hanging out of the toilet and it kinda flushes...we have another bathroom but it sucks because we have 8 ppl using it

betty_joanne 12-13-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy/4boys (Post 16037707)
Try hot water and dawn dish soap. I have had to this a couple of times.

go get dish soap and a big bucket of warm water. Put in the soap, pour in the big bucket of warm water and let it all sit and WALK away for awhile. You most likely still have a clog further down even if the bowl part looks ok.

s@hmommy 12-13-2012 07:06 AM

I second the auger. DS likes to flush whole bars of soap and it has fixed it every time. They are really cheap too, I think we paid around $10 and we have used it several times now thanks to our little flush and runner.