Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Question for those who have had a Mirena placed (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472040)

somo_chickenlady 12-12-2012 11:25 PM

Question for those who have had a Mirena placed

Okay ladies, I have a question....I had a Mirena placed today. It says in the booklet that they gave me that if I develop severe pain within a few hours after the procedure to call my physician b/c it could be an infection. How much pain is normal? It actually didn't hurt at all after I had it placed, and I had no pain going to my car. Afterward we had to stop by Walmart to pick up some pads b/c she said not to use tampons for a week, it hurt some to walk around for the 5 minutes we were there. The drive home kind of sucked b/c it is lots of twists and turns, but once I got home and got settled on the sofa my mild discomfort went away and I was pain free and comfy. It was placed at about 4:30pm.

Well, at about 9pm, my abdomen started to throb pretty badly and even with a full dose of Aleve and 4 ibuprofen it won't go away, and it kills to walk now and when I stand up I get a really sharp pain in that area. Is it normal for it to not really hurt until this long after I had it placed? If it is normal, do you know how long it will last? Should I be concerned?

mommagruber 12-12-2012 11:35 PM

Sounds like you should call your ob. I have had the mirena and the paragard, neither of which hurt like that at all. Minor discomfort when placed. But no bad pain at all.
It won't hurt just to checked and better safe then sorry.
:hugs: sorry you're in pain!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-12-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Question for those who have had a Mirena placed

That kind of pain is not normal and your dr or whomever placed it may have perforated your uterus. if the pain continues I'd go to the er tonight :hugs:
I remember just mild cramping then nothing then constant stomach aches and headaches.

AugustHope 12-12-2012 11:41 PM

I agree with the above. I would call the doctor. When I had it placed the actual procedure was horrible. I did not have the kind of pain you are explaining though. Can't hurt to get it checked out!

mg5g 12-13-2012 12:21 AM

I on the other hand had horrid, horrid pain and nothing was wrong. Just REALLY bad cramping.

sisu 12-13-2012 12:24 AM

I never had any signification pain with mine... I think you should probably call. Everything may be fine, but it's best to be cautious, IMO.

Janine 12-13-2012 12:53 AM

I had nothing more than barely noticeable cramping. I would call your OB for sure!

CASMama711 12-13-2012 03:57 AM

I had a lot of cramping when I got my Mirena, but I would call the Dr. just to be safe.

jbug_4 12-13-2012 04:15 AM

I had a lot of cramping but what your describing seems a lot worse. I'd call the doc if you haven't already.

jessnic 12-13-2012 07:20 AM

I had cramping but never true pain. I would call doctor ASAP just to be safe. I hope you feel better!