Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473938)

kricket24 12-20-2012 07:35 AM

Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Calling all expecting twin mamas! I thought we could form a little buddy group and talk about all things multiples! I'd love to swap resources, book recommendations, product info, etc. Whatever we learn along the way and want to share!

Our Preggo Twin Mamas:

Kristen, aka: kricket24
EDD: 8/12/2013
Expecting Fraternal Twin Girls!
Lives in New Jersey

Lesa, aka: KCMomma
EDD: 8/16/2013
Expecting Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins!
Lives in Colorado

Sarah, aka: sdavis514
EDD:8/20/2013
Expecting mono/Di Identical twins, team green for now!
Lives in DC<Balto<Phili Tristate area

Danielle, aka: Danigrace05
EDD: 8/29/2013
Expecting Fraternal Twin Girls! Plans for vba2c
Lives in Alabama

Lindsey, aka: Lindsey.Leanne
EDD: 9/4/2013
Expecting her 2nd set of twins!
Boy/Girl - Jackson ? and Olivia Loren

Leslie, aka: GEMQEMCABOOSE
EDD: 10/4/2013
Lives in Tennessee

Rachel, aka: MyKzooFamily
EDD: 10/14/2013, Induction on 9/30/2013
ID or Fraternal TBD - Expecting Twin Boys!
Lives in Michigan

Carrie, aka: Carriek38
EDD: 12/03/2013
Expecting Fraternal Twins, Genders TBD
Lives in New York

MyVintageBliss
EDD: 12/5/2013
Olive & Ozden "Ollie & Ozzy"
Lives in Texas

Our New Twin Mamas:

ilovemygirl
Babies Born: 5/15/2013
Gave Birth to Fraternal Twin Girls at 37 weeks 1 day
Lives in New Jersey
Birth Story: My girls were born by c-section on wednesday the 15th. We got home yesterday. They are doing great ... 6lb 7oz and 5 lb 14 oz.
I'm having a lot of pain still but am so grateful to be all together at home.

Brook, aka: bai18176
Babies Born: 4/16/2013
Gave Birth to Fraternal Twin Girls at 39 weeks 3 days
Living in Southern Oregon
Birth Story: Born at home in the water. Super fast labor, Adella weighed in at 5 lbs 12 oz and Bria was 6 even. Definitely fraternal! My 2 separate on opposite sides placentas were fused and had been for a long time.

Laura, aka: March
Babies Born: 3/15/2013
Gave Birth to Fraternal Twin Girls at 38 weeks 5 days
Living in Southwest Louisiana
Birth Story: Planned out of hospital birth throughout pregnancy but ultimately had an elective cesarean due to impaction in a malpresentation.

Alison, aka: dvrgrl38
Babies Born: 3/8/2013
Gave Birth to Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins at 35 weeks 2 days
Living in Montana
Birth Story: Had been having irregular contractions off and on for 3 days or so, never more than an hour or two at a time and 15-20 min apart. At about midnight they got more painful and by 2am were 5-10 min apart. I drove myself to our local hospital and got checked. Then DH and my other kids picked me up and we drove 1hr 20 min to a bigger hospital with a NICU to deliver. Got checked and delivered both babies at 6:45am via c-section. Baby girl had partial placenta abruption. Both babies went to the NICU and baby boy got discharged after 15 days. Baby girl is still admitted and has about a week to go here. Birth weight for girl was 5lbs and for boy was 4lbs 8oz.

bai18176 12-21-2012 10:52 AM

Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Sounds good to me! I'm Brook, I live in Oregon, and we found out at a 21w ultrasound that there are two! There are no twins anywhere in our family, and we were completely shocked. (I still am!) I guess the only thing that increased our odds was the four children we already have. This will make #5 and #6 for us :)

kricket24 12-21-2012 12:24 PM

Hi Brook! Wow, what surprise!!! That wonderful though! Do you know if they're identical or fraternal yet? Have you been sent to a perinatologist?

I just had another u/s this morning and we got to hear our babies' heartbeats for the first time! We're super excited! I'm just 6w4d along right now. I did make my first OB appt though! :)

bai18176 12-24-2012 01:04 PM

So exciting to get to hear heartbeats! My midwife sends patients to an ultrasound clinic that the perinatologists work in, so I did chat with her right after my ultrasound, and we will see her every six weeks for now. We just met with an ob, and I like her, and she's my best option for how I feel about birth, but it's not what I was hoping for I guess. Anyways, have a merry Christmas, and congratulations again!

kricket24 01-21-2013 09:38 PM

Hey Brook, Happy New Year! How have you been feeling? Hope you've had a good last month! :)

ilovemygirl 01-22-2013 12:15 PM

I'll join in :)
I am also in NJ and pregnant with twins through IVF. We are having two girls and are 21 weeks along.

kricket24 01-22-2013 12:20 PM

Yay! Hi There! How cool, what part of NJ? What clinic did you go to? How wonderful you're having twin girls! We did IVF with PGD but we're waiting for the u/s to confirm genders before we tell. Hopefully not much longer! Where are you delivering in NJ? Welcome and sorry for all the questions! :)

ilovemygirl 01-23-2013 11:29 AM

Thanks! We are in central Jersey and used IVFNJ. How about you? We are very excited about our little girls. We used ICSI but not PGD so didn't know the sex until the sonogram a week ago.

kricket24 01-23-2013 03:47 PM

Awesome! We're in what I think is considered central NJ too! My husband is military so we live on the base. We went to RMA in Eatontown and Morristown. Where are you planning to deliver?

bai18176 01-24-2013 10:18 PM

We have an ultrasound tomorrow, and hopefully we will find out genders then :) I have been so so exhausted. Made it through the holidays, I feel huge, my family thinks I look ready to deliver, but oh, about 12 weeks to go... Everyone who doesn't know me thinks I looks too small to be having twins, also annoying, lol. The eating is so hard for me too. If only I wanted to eat! We are planning a homebirth if everything continues to look good, which all of our family is opposed to. We may not be inviting the people we usually do if they are going to have negative attitudes. That's a hard decision to make as well. Sorry, apparently I am pregnant and hormonal! I hope both of you are doing well, getting lots of rest, and enjoying all that food! My DH has been out of town, so that may have something to do with my mood. Luckily he will be back tonight! Anyone do any buying of stuff yet? I'm waiting until after tomorrow, but I want to be prepared a little earlier than I normally would, so I guess I should get on it :)