Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Everything you wanted to know about posting in the WAHM group (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476454)

Harmony96 01-10-2009 06:33 PM

Everything you wanted to know about posting in the WAHM group

Hope you guys enjoy the new sticky. They were starting to get to be too many, and now there can be more spots on Page 1 for everyone to share. :goodvibes:

The first section of this first post has the titles of some the former stickies, and some new info that I hope will be helpful. They are all posted in this thread, but you can click on the titles and be taken straight to that particular post. :) The first link will tell you where the FAQs are. Some of the prior stickies had info that was duplicated in the FAQs, so most of that info has been removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where do I find the FAQs?

So just how can I gain access to post in this forum?

How do I know whether to post in Wares or in Announcements?

How many active threads can I have at once?

What's the easiest way to find all my threads in Wares or Announcements?

Why can't I sell tagged blankies?

I have something I'm looking for, but I want a WAHM to make it. Can I post my request here?

How often can I "bump" my thread back to the first page?

I used to be able to post here, but can't anymore. What happened?

Can I sell items that look like popular TV/movie characters?

Harmony96 01-10-2009 06:37 PM

Re: Master Sticky - everything you wanted to know about posting in the WAHM forums

Where do I find the FAQs?

The link to the FAQs is at the very top right corner of every page on Diaper Swappers. It is above where it says "Welcome, <your username>" and above where it says "Trade. Connect. Share." The link to all the FAQs is here, and the link to the WAHM FAQs specifically is here. Here is a sampling of some of the questions that are answered in the FAQs (please see the actual FAQs for the complete list):

* What am I allowed to sell?
* If I make something to sell or trade can I only list it in the WAHM forum?
* It seems I have been removed from the group, can I get back in?
* I don't really have a business, am I considered a "WAHM"?
* Am I allowed to have multiple threads running at one time?
* I have negative feedback, will that affect me getting into WAHM wares?
* I have a wholesale account for X product (or I am a direct seller for Y company) and would like to sell those items at retail here. Can I do that?

Harmony96 01-10-2009 06:43 PM

Re: Master Sticky - everything you wanted to know about posting in the WAHM forums

So just how can I gain access to post in this forum?

To request approval to the WAHM group, go to your User CP. Once in your CP, scroll towards the bottom and click on "Group Memberships" on the left. Here you will be able to request approval.

Approval isn't instant, members of the Mod Team manually approve requests, so please be patient. To be approved, applicants must have either

A. 30 posts in non-FSOT areas of the forum, been here 30 days AND have confirmed 5 positive feedback within the last 360-days at least at one other place.

Or

B. 60 posts in non-FSOT areas of the forum and been here 60 days AND 5 positive i-trader feedback or 5 positive on another site within the last 360-days
-- but if it appears your only posts are in the WAHM area, we may ask you to show more participation, or remove you from the group. You may also be removed from the group for inactivity across the forums. Inactivity is defined as making less then 45 posts in a calendar year.

You will get a PM to let you know if you are approved or denied.

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:09 PM

How do I know whether to post in Wares or in Announcements?

Post in Wares if:

- you have actual items for sale and want to list them out here (i.e. people don't have to go to a different site to complete the purchase)
- you post pictures/prices/descriptions of those items
- you want to accept custom orders and post your prices or a price range for customs
- only 1 thread allowed per member in Wares

Post in Announcements if:

- you just want to link to your Etsy/HC store
- you want to run a FFS Lotto
- you'd like to just let people know of a limited-time only sale/lotto/etc. on your HC or Etsy
- you have items from a direct sales company (please see the FAQs for more info on this)
- you've closed your retail store and would like to clearance out your inventory
- only 1 thread allowed per member in Announcements

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:16 PM

How many active threads can I have at once?

In the Announcements and Wares forum, there is a limit of only ONE thread per MEMBER. This is regardless of if you have just a personal business, just a congo, or if you have multiple businesses or items which you'd like to promote. It is one thread, period. If you have multiple businesses, you must list them together in one thread or alternate. Please try to reuse your thread with edits as much as possible (saves the Mod Team a little work). If you need to start a fresh thread, simply mark the old one for deletion by changing the subject line to "done" or "delete".

Keep in mind, we set these rules to protect you more than to limit you. If our 1500+ members of the WAHM group all posted 3 or 4 threads, it would get overcrowded in a blink.

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:24 PM

What's the easiest way to find all my threads in Wares or Announcements?

Sometimes, when you're ready to post a new Announcement, it may be hard to remember if you have an old thread in there or not. It's even harder if you like to talk (a LOT) elsewhere on the forum, like I do. :giggle:

There are two easy ways to find all the threads that you've started in a particular forum. The first way is to use the Advanced Search function. First, click on Search at the top of your screen, then on Advanced Search:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...96/search1.jpg

Next, enter your username in the appropriate field, select "Threads started by this user," and click on the forum that you'd like to search. In this example, I searched in the General Chat forum. You can also search in more than one forum at once. Just hold down CTRL before you click the second and subsequent forums to search.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...96/search2.jpg

The next page will bring up all the threads you started in the selected forum(s), and from there you can pick which one to edit and/or remove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second method to find all of your threads in a particular forum is to go to that forum, and sort the threads by Thread Starter:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...96/search3.jpg

Then you will go page by page until you find your username, and see if you have more than one thread.

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:27 PM

Why can't I sell tagged blankies?

We do not allow the selling of Tag blankets on DS. You can go to http://www.taggies.com/authentic.html and it will tell you about their patent. The patent covers the looped ribbons, so number of ribbons, type of material, shape of object does not matter. Therefore, any posts that include the sale of Tag blankets that are seen will be removed. Thank you for your understanding. This explains some of the patent.

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:29 PM

I have something I'm looking for, but I want a WAHM to make it. Can I post my request here?

No. All requests for a product need to go in the ISO forum (but in your request there, you can of course specify that you'd like it to be from a WAHM).

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:32 PM

How often can I "bump" my thread back to the first page?

Please only bump your thread (posting to it just to put it back onto the first page) a maximum of twice in every 24-hour period. Please do not do any "extra" bumps for sold, new fabrics, etc. You can bump for those situations only if it does not exceed your twice in 24 hours limit.

Harmony96 01-10-2009 07:35 PM

I used to be able to post here, but can't anymore. What happened?

As per the WAHM FAQs, you may be removed from the WAHM Group if you have not been active in the chat areas of the forum. We love our WAHMs at DS and feel that the WAHM forum should not be abused just for WAHMs to jump in and spam their stuff and not participate in the whole forum. You are welcome to reapply to the WAHM forum when you are ready to be active in the chat areas of the forum. :hugs:

The WAHM group rules were updated in August 17, 2012, as a result all prior members (and new members) need to re-appy under your group memberships. Thanks for your cooperation.