Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476820)

AmberP 01-01-2013 01:39 PM

Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Paleo/Primal/Whole30/Ancestral Health Chat here =-)

I find it somewhat ironic that I am staring this thread while eating a turkey sandwich. Morning sickness is still ruling here. We are celebrating DD's 7th Birthday today (it is tomorrow) and she's asked for brownies and Mac&Cheese. The brownies are a Paleo concoction that I threw together and we still haven't decided on the Mac & Cheese yet.

How is everyone else doing? Any Paleo-related new years resolutions?

jessnic 01-01-2013 03:09 PM

My husband was actually home for a full week so we took the opportunity to start making more Paleo food. We weren't 100% but probably 90% grain free. We signed up for the paleo emeals plan for 3 months. We aren't following their menu strictly because of some ingredients we can't get, but the meals we have done have been delicious!

HillbillyMama 01-01-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

I ate my traditional collards today :) Skipping cornbread was tough, and black eyed peas! LOL!!! Made an ok curry today for lunch (butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, onion and shrimp with coconut milk and spices) that my youngest DS loved!

I have sweet potatoes baking for hash in the morning for breakfast, and will grill some chicken for salad for lunch- supper again at my parents as we are dropping my boys off tomorrow night for them to spend the night...I have registration at school Thursday (I am going to get my Associates in Early Childhood Ed) so I have no idea how meal planning will work, if all else fails I'll feed the fellas something easy and I'll do salad! I am really excited about it this time for some reason, I really feel like I am going to do it!!! I have lost a little weight even over the holidays, so I only have 50 lbs. now to get to my goal weight, and I really really really want to be built up physically to a wilderness trek this fall with some friends (a weekend long camping trip to a waterfall that is a pretty moderate hike in and out)

Anyone else have a weight loss goal too, and if so, what are you doing to get there? I am going to walk at a local park 3-4x a week, and do an aerobics class at least 2x at the local gym.

jessnic 01-01-2013 09:06 PM

My goal is to have dropped 30 lbs this year. I want to TTC in 2014 so I need the excess weight gone before that! We just got a dog so I am walking him which will help. I also started an intense workout program so hopefully the paleo plus the exercise will do the trick!

trying4more 01-01-2013 09:14 PM

I have intensely lowered my grain intake and I notice already I feel better!

I have pretty much kicked my soda habit, but coffee is still my love!
Really trying to increase my different colored veggies.

I made chicken with different colored bell peppers and onions, topped with avocado. Also steamed artichokes we ate before!

I'm doing tae bo for exercise. I want to loose around 30lbs.

AmberP 01-02-2013 12:52 AM

I had a weight loss goal. I had lost 25lb prior to becoming pregnant-- I had hoped to have dropped at least 40, but apparently the plans were not my own. I was eating primal and doing body weight exercises-- mostly push ups, planks and squats and sprinting about once a month (LOL).

Right now, my goal is to get through my morning sickness without gaining too much weight and get back to eating at least two paleo meals a day. I managed two today. Eggs for breakfast, that darn turkey sandwich for lunch, and thai style sweet & sour chicken with cabbage stir fry for dinner.

Tomorrow, my plan is coconut/pineapple smoothies for breakfast, turkey roll ups for lunch (skipping the bread) and crockpot beef stroganoff w/ mushrooms for dinner (no starch).

MarieSeeking 01-02-2013 04:12 AM

We do mostly paleo with full fat local dairy. If I cheat, I'll do gluten-free pizza crust or something. We are completely wheat free and keep other grains out 90% of the time. My husband and I both do Crossfit. I want to check in here ever so often! Fun!

AmberP 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

Dp

AmberP 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

How is everyone doing? I did well yesterday and my non-paleo meal was a small quantity of vanilla haagen daz at 10PM LOL

Today is going well also! Breakfast was skipped because I laid in bed reading while the kids played in their room. Will have a smoothie for lunch soon and whatever DH happens to make out of chicken is for dinner or leftover pulled beef with salsa. He only cooks primal foods, so it should be good.

Dh's parents will be here tomorrow night, so probably we will be eating out at random places. I will endeavor to be good... probably =D

AmberP 01-04-2013 11:06 PM

Reading this and finding it interesting. Some good ideas =)
http://dirtyfloordiaries.com/paleo-m...b_source=pubv1