Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Introduce yourself! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478252)

ChelseaGirl7 01-05-2013 11:13 AM

Let's have an introduction thread! Tell us about yourself and your family!

I've been married for almost 7 years, we want a ton of kids. My oldest son Nate is turning 6 on the 17th, he has autism (higher functioning). My oldest daughter Emma is 4.5. She was a 9 week premie, but has done terrific and has no issues from it. My dd2 Clara is going to be 3 next month. my baby boy is 14 months, he is still nursing. We have no pets and live in a less than 900 sf house, so a new house is a major priority. I'm a SAHM, and we home school. I do have a very part time job working in the church nursery once a week or so. We are planning our first Home birth this time, so I'm excited for that!

I should add that I am 26.
Edit for spelling.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone

BabySnickerdoodles 01-05-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone! :waves:

My name is Heather, I am 27, and I have been married to my DH for almost 8 years :wub:

We have 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl... Jason (6.5), Tyler (5), Micah (3.5), Emilie (19 months), and we have JUST decided that instead of stopping at 5, we would like to have 7 kids! We were high school sweethearts, both homeschooled by our moms that were friends, and both come from large families (He has 13 siblings, I have 8 siblings).

We live on his second cousin's ranch/farm, and as they have no children, they are passing it down to us when they retire/pass away. We raise free-range chickens and grassfed beef, and we garden recreationally (the produce is SO nice, but I"m still learning to can, so we don't wanna jump TOO far too fast lol!). We've lived here for 2.5 years, and live in a mobile home on the property while we wait for their new little house to get built next to the homestead, and then we will move into the homestead :bliss:

I am a WAHM, and my business is Baby Snickerdoodles. I make LOTS of things, but my primary fluff is recycled wool covers. I've had this business for 3 years, and it is a nice little income to help fund our diapering needs, homeschool supplies, and supplement DH's income, which is very seasonal with the buying/selling of our calves and selling our beef and eggs.

We are a Christian family, and feel SO blessed to be where we are! We are planning a home waterbirth, which would be my 4th VBAC, and my 3rd home birth! We attempted a waterbirth with Emilie, but I was having pelvic nerve pain, and was trying different positions by my bed when she started crowning lol! I REALLY REALLY want to be IN the water this time around!!!

I will have a couple checkups with my last midwife just to make sure I'm doing okay, and get the heart tones, but for the birth we will be going unassisted (in an official sense), but DH's sister who attends births as a lay midwife/doula/massage therapist, will be coaching me. We live 7 minutes from a hospital, and 25 minutes from a major medical college hospital, which is VERY nice incase of a transfer!

Okey doke, I guess that's it!

asteiner18 01-05-2013 05:18 PM

My name is Angel and I am married to my middleschool sweetheart Brandon. We have been together 10 years married almost 7. We have 2 kids other than little one on the way- Scarlette 5 and Ruby 3- 4 in a few days. We are a christian, homeschooling family. I am a photographer and work at least once a week but have tried to limit my work now that I am expecting and my DH is deploying in April. He will miss the birth but I will go home ( Indiana ) and my family will be there for the first time! My husband joined the AF when we first got married so we moved far from home ( TX,NC,VA ) and they have missed all the births and only see the girls 1 or 2x a year so my mother and sisters being at the birth will be awesome!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Edit to add I am 25.

lilg82882 01-05-2013 08:05 PM

Hello ladies :)

My name is Amy. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 8 years. We have two girls Lillian who will be 7 at the end of this month and Elaina (Ellie) who is 4.

Right now I work full time as a customer service rep for a health insurance company. I plan to continue up to the birth. In the meantime though I am trying to look for another position in the company that will let me work part time (preferably at night) or at least from home once baby comes. I will NOT return to work full time as hubby and I believe it is really important to be home with the baby.

jj7202 01-06-2013 04:24 AM

Jennifer here! I'm 30yrs old, married to my high-school sweetheart Ben for nearly 11years (lord that makes me feel so old!) We have one precious son who will be 3 in April and we have three angle babies. "Little One" April 09, "Dragonfly" March 12 ( I was part of the Sept2012 DDC) and "Rainbow" Aug 12. We are an Air Force family currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath, in England. Our son was born in Bitburg, Germany via a hypnobabies water birth in a hospital. Hoping to attempt a home water birth if this one is a sticky keeper. We had given up trying for the year after our two devastating losses and were in the process of PCSing to Lakenheath from Spangdahlem, with so many changes we didn't want to add any stress. We moved into our new home on Dec 17th. New Years Eve we got a BFP and we are shocked, thrilled and apprehensive all at the same time. Trying my best to stay positive and take it one day at a time. Have already announced to family and FB as we have decided to cherish all life from the onset and enjoy whatever time we have with our babies, wether it be a few short weeks or a lifetime. Good news should always be shared! Congrats mammas! I pray for us all to have stickey beans and bring to term strong healthy babes!

asteiner18 01-06-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj7202 (Post 16121309)
Jennifer here! I'm 30yrs old, married to my high-school sweetheart Ben for nearly 11years (lord that makes me feel so old!) We have one precious son who will be 3 in April and we have three angle babies. "Little One" April 09, "Dragonfly" March 12 ( I was part of the Sept2012 DDC) and "Rainbow" Aug 12. We are an Air Force family currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath, in England. Our son was born in Bitburg, Germany via a hypnobabies water birth in a hospital. Hoping to attempt a home water birth if this one is a sticky keeper. We had given up trying for the year after our two devastating losses and were in the process of PCSing to Lakenheath from Spangdahlem, with so many changes we didn't want to add any stress. We moved into our new home on Dec 17th. New Years Eve we got a BFP and we are shocked, thrilled and apprehensive all at the same time. Trying my best to stay positive and take it one day at a time. Have already announced to family and FB as we have decided to cherish all life from the onset and enjoy whatever time we have with our babies, wether it be a few short weeks or a lifetime. Good news should always be shared! Congrats mammas! I pray for us all to have stickey beans and bring to term strong healthy babes!

I completely agree! I hope and pray for you that this baby is a take home baby but we love them all no matter what and should celebrate them!! We told our families and facebook too. Prayers for us all for healthy babies! :goodvibes:

BabySnickerdoodles 01-07-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asteiner18 (Post 16122736)
I completely agree! I hope and pray for you that this baby is a take home baby but we love them all no matter what and should celebrate them!! We told our families and facebook too. Prayers for us all for healthy babies! :goodvibes:

:yeahthat: :hugs:

s2grace 01-07-2013 11:46 AM

Hi Mamas,

I'm Shannon, I'm 36 and have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 2. We had a daughter, Ella in July who had Trisomy 13 and lived for two hours. We've been NTNP since then but I got pregnant in October and miscarried right after.

My period isn't due until the 11th but I got a BFP on the 5th! That day marked 6 months from Ella being born and gong to heaven so it was extra special for me. The first test I took was super light but def. pink. The second was a pink line but not dark dark. I hate to go buy more tests so I'm trying not to. Pink is pink right? I am nervous that this will be just like October and be a chemical. I think that's what they call it. I didn't go to the dr for it since it was so early and it was just like a period. If I wouldn't be so impatient with my testing I probably would have thought it was my period!

This is pregnancy #7, with two babies at home and 1 in heaven. I am praying that this one keeps growing strong and healthy. I'm not going to the "sign in" part quite yet. Maybe next week after my date for AF has come and gone.

LeAdams7 01-07-2013 11:53 AM

I am Laura,
Mommy to 2 year old twin princesses and my son is 2 months old. Just starting to settle into having 3 although the baby is an Awesome baby!
I have been married to dh for 3 years. He is good with 3 kids, I am probably good with 3 but part of me thinks what if we had 4.

BabySnickerdoodles 01-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeAdams7 (Post 16126492)
I am Laura,
Mommy to 2 year old twin princesses and my son is 2 months old. Just starting to settle into having 3 although the baby is an Awesome baby!
I have been married to dh for 3 years. He is good with 3 kids, I am probably good with 3 but part of me thinks what if we had 4.

Woah wait, are you in this years September DDC, Laura? I didn't know it was possible to concieve when you have a 2 month baby! I usually have PP bleeding until about 5 or 6 weeks PP, and the earliest my cycle has come back has been 4 months PP.

Maybe you accidentally saw our DDC introduction thread and assumed it was a more generalized intro thread :goodvibes: