Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another old skool challenge? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478704)

hilaryisinked 01-06-2013 06:55 PM

Another old skool challenge?

Anyone up for an all flats challenge? All flats, all the time? (Except nights...you can keep your trusty night diapers)
We haven't done one in a long time!
I can't remember how long we did it for...a week? A month? I really don't remember.

update:

Ok so according to the previous threads, it was all flats & prefolds all the time except for nights. I think stuffing in pockets would be alright if it is needed...it's really no different than pad folding in a cover. We need to set a time limit. How about until February 1st???

Ok here we go! Now through February 1!

SammiPanda 01-06-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Flats Challenge anyone?

What all would that consist of?? I'm interested. But I won't have a baby to diaper till the end of may.

hilaryisinked 01-06-2013 07:22 PM

We used to set a certain amount of time and just use flats. We could use our usual night diapers though. A lot of people work hard to get that just right and we don't want to mess that up. We keep up with what flats and folds we are using..,it's fun. :)

Kyonarai 01-06-2013 07:28 PM

Hehe, I pretty much always only use flats. Maybe I could do the challenge but actually use different folds instead of padfolding.

el's mama 01-06-2013 07:29 PM

I'm in but I only have enough flats to do it for one of my kiddos. So flats with wool and PUL is ok, yes?

ChihuahuaMama13 01-06-2013 07:30 PM

I think it was at the same time as the one Dirty Diaper Laundry hosts isn't it? Somene just always starts a thread here as well.

RockinLou 01-06-2013 07:38 PM

DDL has hosted the flats & handwashing challenge for a week during May for the past 2 years... but I've seen fun threads like this crop up periodically too. This might be a good warm-up to get ready for the handwashing challenge! ;-)

hilaryisinked 01-06-2013 07:40 PM

Yeah we used to do just flats challenges...
I don't do the handwashing ones :hide:

PurpleFluff 01-06-2013 07:46 PM

I'm in! Loving my new flats, although I wish I had the large GMDs instead of the small. I also have tons of receiving blanket flats...cost more per diaper but cute! I figure they're still cheaper than a print fitted or pocket. I also got some flour sack flats from Target today just to try out. Good doubler if nothing else :)

SammiPanda 01-06-2013 07:57 PM

That seems fun enough. I wanted to try flats because I hear they are easy to wash and can be hand washed if need be. For like going on trips and such.