Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My boob is not a burger! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480166)

Jenn135 01-10-2013 06:46 PM

My boob is not a burger!

My 9 month holds my boob like its a cheeseburger. Holds, as in pinches and squeezes. Anyone have tips on stopping this madness? It's been going on for months now. We EBF and I've tried giving him other things to hold, and blocking his hands with mine. He fusses and stops eating until I move my hand. :( I won't stop breastfeeding, just hoping to stop the burger grab. :) thanks mamas!

MamaWeeks 01-10-2013 06:56 PM

Lol I think its cute.

My 1 week old uses it like a pillow when I try to feed her, instead of latching on she puts her cheek to it and falls asleep.

firemommaof1 01-10-2013 07:10 PM

Re: My boob is not a burger!

maybe try a Teething necklace?

Madame Medina 01-10-2013 07:12 PM

Sounds like it's become a habit now. You can try rubbing or stroking the back of his hand. It might make him relax his grip.

sdavis514 01-10-2013 07:22 PM

I started to have a similiar problem with DS at around that age. I finally figured out it was because it caused my milk to flow faster. He liked a faster flow so he would squeeze the breast he was nursing on currently and he would also try to squueze the nipple on the other breast to stimulate another letdown quicker. The only thing that helped to get him to stop was to do breast compressions on myself when I noticed him going for it. Maybe that is the reason? Just a thought.

MommaZX2 01-10-2013 07:46 PM

^^^ My LO did that too!!!

slyeates 01-10-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn135
My 9 month holds my boob like its a cheeseburger. Holds, as in pinches and squeezes. Anyone have tips on stopping this madness? It's been going on for months now. We EBF and I've tried giving him other things to hold, and blocking his hands with mine. He fusses and stops eating until I move my hand. :( I won't stop breastfeeding, just hoping to stop the burger grab. :) thanks mamas!

My dd does it too. She is 11 months old. She goes between cheeseburger and kneading me like a cat. Drives me crazy. No advice, but would like to know how to stop it too. I have started bringing myself a distraction when I go to nurse like a book or my cell phone so I don't think about it as much. I look like I am nursing a baby tiger from all the scratches though lol

momEmac 01-11-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyeates

My dd does it too. She is 11 months old. She goes between cheeseburger and kneading me like a cat. Drives me crazy. No advice, but would like to know how to stop it too. I have started bringing myself a distraction when I go to nurse like a book or my cell phone so I don't think about it as much. I look like I am nursing a baby tiger from all the scratches though lol

This is what my DS did at that age! He outgrew it around 10 months, but I remember going absolutely crazy! :)

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes. :)

Huxley 01-11-2013 06:23 AM

My nine month old does it too. I'm fill of tiny scabs where her nails get me. My boobs look like a big rash. I try to stop her, but she gets mad.

Spunkify 01-11-2013 07:01 AM

My kids did/do the cheeseburger hold too, I think it's a little funny. The pinching and other pain is not funny though. Noah was a big, big pincer and scratch-er until I got a Nourishment Necklace from Mommy Necklaces. That thing has been a sanity saver! The second I put it on it's peace for me and my poor skin.

If you're crafty I'm sure you could make your own!