Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   What did you use to reduce your scar? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480238)

IsabelsMama 01-10-2013 10:47 PM

What did you use to reduce your scar?

Hi mamas,
I am 6weeks 3days post-op...my scar has healed nicely but is still bright red/purple, and I would like to help it along on its journey toward fading! We lost the baby so as silly as it may sound, the more noticeable the scar, the more constant reminder I have of our loss :cry:

I have heard good things about scar creams that contain silicone but also ran across the Earth Mama Angel Baby C-Mama Healing Salve. Any thoughts or recommendations?

BBBmOm 01-10-2013 10:53 PM

First of *HUGS*

About the scar, really the only thing for me has been time. I had back to back and with both around the 9/12 month mark, I noticed a big difference in color/texture. My scar is now barely noticeable (ds is 2).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

3 ladybugs 01-15-2013 04:13 PM

Re: What did you use to reduce your scar?

I have a c-section scar from a lost pregnancy too. :hugs: You could try putting Vit. E on the scar if you like. It may help a bit. Just get gel caps of vit. E and poke them with a needle and squirt it on there.

Honestly I don't mind the scar from my triplets. I worked hard to give them a great chance at life and I am proud to have been their mother for as long as I was. I actually fear that with my next c-section I will just end up with one scar and not 2+1 like I have now (have 2 scars but have to deliver so that is the +1). Now I would like it if they got rid of my tattoo from the radiation, but that is a different story!

Good luck in your grief journey. :bighug:

The Fancy Pansy 01-15-2013 04:43 PM

:hugs:

I haven't had a CS, but I have more than my share of scars. I was told recently by a physical therapist that the best thing is to massage them with Vitamin E oil. She said to really give the scar a good rub. You can use Vit E capsules like a PP said, or you can buy a bottle of Vit E oil (I think I got it pretty cheap at Walmart).

blueyes 01-18-2013 03:07 PM

Hi mama, HUGS to you!

I gave birth through C-Section twice and my surgical scar was visible so I use Mederma Scar Cream to make it disappear. It did minimize the unwanted skin. I'm not sure if it's effective to some mamas out there, it's best to consult your OB first before trying out for scar removal creams.

debcita429 01-18-2013 04:11 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss. Although I'm not speaking from experience w/ a c-section, a friend did send me this recipe for scar cream once:

1 cup organic coconut oil
2 Tablespoons avocado oil
1 Tablespoon vitamin E oil

Blend all at high speed in a kitchenaid with a whisk attachment until fluffy and light. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Apply butter to affected areas and massage with fingertips for 2-3 minutes in a circular motion, with moderately deep pressure, before bed. Allow oils to penetrate skin while sleeping.

The recipe is from a massage expert.

slimy72 01-18-2013 04:43 PM

I'm so sorry. I used Bio Oil and it helped.

debcita429 01-19-2013 02:35 PM

p.s.--I just read some literature on tamanu oil for scars including c-section scars and for stretch marks. I already consider tamanu oil a miracle worker. I've had amazing results with it for other purposes like wound healing. So I don't think you could go wrong with purchasing some.

IsabelsMama 01-20-2013 09:56 PM

Thank you all! I am heading to a natural foods store to purchase some of the items mentioned here, as soon as the temperature rises above zero here in MN! (Not for a few days!)

debcita429 01-20-2013 09:59 PM

If you are getting the tamanu, it is exotic enough that it is probably just as cheap or cheaper on Amazon than it is at a local store (provided you can get free shipping). Tamanu is pricey, but you really only need half a squirt for most applications (so maybe two squirts to cover your whole scar). In other words, it should last you for ages.