Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is a waffle maker worth it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481880)

Baby2pls 01-15-2013 03:58 PM

Is a waffle maker worth it?

They seem like fun, but just one more thing to store. DS loves pancakes, so I thought making waffles might be fun. If you have one, what brand? Do you like it/use it often enough to make it worthwhile? TIA!

ThreeLittleLovies 01-15-2013 04:18 PM

Re: Is a waffle maker worth it?

Yes! There are so many fun things you can do besides making waffles. And I use my pancake recipe with an added cup of cake mix to make waffles in it. If you search pinterest you can get more ideas. You can pop open a can of pilsbury cinnamon rolls and cook them in a waffle maker too.

I can't remember what brand mine is... sorry

callejon87 01-15-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby2pls
They seem like fun, but just one more thing to store. DS loves pancakes, so I thought making waffles might be fun. If you have one, what brand? Do you like it/use it often enough to make it worthwhile? TIA!

Yes! I make big batches of waffles at a time and freeze them. Reheat (microwave, toaster oven) and you're good to go without the mess! You can put those pre made cinnamon rolls (like pillsbury) in them for an easy fun twist...waffle brownies, check out Pinterest! Not sure what brand we have-its from kohls and was $30 I think?

3 ladybugs 01-15-2013 04:23 PM

I have one but last time I used it it stopped heating at the very end. Since then DS has been BEGGING for waffles and I haven't been able to give him any. :( I am afraid of my waffle iron.

So as long as you get a reliable one then I think it is completely worth it! I think I want to get a cast iron one that I use on my stove top next. Less to go wrong with. :)

Brooke789 01-15-2013 05:55 PM

Yes, they're worth it! You need one of the ones that rotates, not the cheap-o one from Walmart.

This is what I'd get! I have this one (about ten years old) but the single version. I'd love to upgrade to this one to make two waffles at once!

BrownCowMama 01-15-2013 08:01 PM

I hate ours... Too much cleaning, too much mess. We love pancakes here anyway ;)

danielle 01-15-2013 08:03 PM

I got a basic Cuisinart from CL for $10. It's worth it, but it is one more thing to store. But how else will you make delicious waffles, that are totally different from pancakes? If you wanta the waffles, you needa the waffle maker. :)

keen1981 01-15-2013 08:05 PM

Yes! My hubby makes a huge batch on weekends and we eat them thru the week!

Agla 01-15-2013 08:52 PM

You can make hashbrowns in it. My kids stick sandwiches in it.

I got a Calphelon brand as a gift because we eat waffles so often.

itiswhatitis1984 01-15-2013 09:04 PM

I had one and LOVED it!! Sadly the heating element stopped working properly. I just ordered my new one from Amazon yesterday and it should be here tomorrow!! It's a cuisinart and it was $20. It had really good reviews. I can't wait to try it!! There's nothing like homemade waffles!!