Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Bottom (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481958)

abbysparkles 01-15-2013 07:58 PM

Best Bottom

I'm considering trying a Best Bottom diaper. I must admit the snapping in and out of the inserts is kind of a turn off for me. For those of you that have used this diaper, what do you think of it?

McDMom 01-15-2013 08:05 PM

I really liked them and found they worked well. However, the rise is really low and my tall 2 year old grew out of it soon after her birthday. They are still our diaper bag diapers for the baby due to the trimness and ease of packing. I'll admit I don't care for the snapping out part of the diaper change but I'll take that over insert bunching and banana crotch any day. The contour of the inserts make it narrow in the crotch and the gussets are great. We've never had a leak.

slbee627 01-15-2013 08:07 PM

They are the base of my stash and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have never had a leak, regardless of the mayhem found inside. They wash well and sun even better. The shells I've had for 2 years and both Velcro and snaps are perfect. I can't say enough good things about them. Even the hubs and babysitters like them.

MommaTooters 01-16-2013 05:21 AM

Glad to see this thread! Getting ready to order some Best Bottoms and GMD Workhorses.

How many inserts do y'all use per diaper? Which ones are your favorite? My little girl will be here any day now...actually today is my due date!

Pixi6s 01-16-2013 09:33 AM

Re: Best Bottom

I love AI2 thinking of trying these with #2. with DS we used grovia... if you don't want to touch the insert you can use a wipe to grab it with.... but if getting in with the waste grosses you out than AI2 may not be for you.

ahblessedmama 01-16-2013 11:08 AM

I would snap in inserts any day over stuffing and even worse unstuffing pockets! I agree with the funny post about the mayhem inside but still no leaking. My 3month old needs the large hemp inserts but they work just fine. Last night he wore a bb/hemp insert with a bamboo doubler for hours and no leak. I also like grovia but all my kids have high rises and the grovia seem much shorter than bbs. The covers are so cute too!

Pixi6s 01-16-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaTooters (Post 16164177)
Glad to see this thread! Getting ready to order some Best Bottoms and GMD Workhorses.

How many inserts do y'all use per diaper? Which ones are your favorite? My little girl will be here any day now...actually today is my due date!

Hi Mama,

FYI, I've heard and seen pics that Best Bottoms don't work with skinny newborns. Also AI2 systems don't really work for newborns. With all that poo its going to often get on the cover and it will need to be washed. That being said, having them around for small size sounds like a good idea.:)

Softbums is an OS Ai2 system that does often fit newborn (other one I am going to try), but same issue with newborn you will be using it more like a pocket or AIO, washing cover everytime, but eventually it'll reap the benefits of a ai2 system.

I have one softbum cover, plan to use it over snappied prefolds for newborn and infant size. Sometime in infant size I will get the pods and checkout whether or not I like as our primary Ai2 system. also hope to pick up a BB cover and try that one as well. After babe grows out of infant sized prefolds I will want to switch to a Ai2 system for at least primary stash. That worked well for us with DS.

Good Luck!

mfergy0625 01-16-2013 11:57 AM

I loved them but my son did start outgrowing the rise (he is in the 97% for height tho so we need sized diapers for him) I actually prefer an insert that snaps in because it keeps it from shifting on a wiggly baby/toddler. I liked both types of inserts and the over night hemp doublers were great!

QuartzandPyrite 01-16-2013 10:26 PM

I just got some Best Bottoms after crushing on them for months and so far I am really liking them! My son is 15 months, 32", about 28 lbs. I played with the rise a little today and he is on a sm/med rise...they have 4 rise settings instead of 3 like a lot of other brands. I ordered mine with med inserts and I think I'll get some larges for a little more coverage in the front. Anyhoo, splurged on the hemp inserts and I am so happy I did, they are super fluffy and absorbent. Today I reused the same cover all day, snapped out the insert 5 times and reused the cover and it wasn't even- musty?- at the end of the day. To me that's a testament to the absorbency... I have tried other AI2 systems and I prefer these for my son now that he's busy and walking because they are so trim, but I think for my new baby I'm going to stick to prefolds and covers until the waste volume decreases. :)

Alikhlas 01-16-2013 11:02 PM

Action shots pls!