Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   3 year old party activities? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482108)

bradcher 01-16-2013 11:18 AM

3 year old party activities?

We're having a family/close friends indoor house party for my 3 year old. Her best friend is coming (almost 4). Any fun special activities you can suggest. We have a large house so space is not an issue - but I lack creativity. There will also be a 2 year old there and three 1 year olds but I was mainly looking for a few big kid activities. Thanks in advance for your help!

bluedaisyma 01-16-2013 02:18 PM

Do you have a theme? My son is having a unicorn party for his 3rd and we are planning on doing things to go with the theme like making unicorn horns to wear, decorating ice cream cone horns to eat, throwing rings onto "horns" (traffic cones), etc.

For his 2nd, we made I spy bags, pencil zippered bags filled with beans, rice and fun things to find- mini animals, buttons, etc. we also ran the bubble machine for them to chase them.
I try to have at least 1 craft, then 2-3 games and free play mixed in. Marshmallow or balloon toss is good for this age, obstacle courses, chase, etc

bradcher 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

Re: 3 year old party activities?

Thank you! Great guidelines on games/craft/free play.

blueyes 01-17-2013 02:00 AM

How about hiring a good magician to entertain the kids? This is just an additional suggestion. Make some loot bags for the kids to give as prizes/giveaway.

bradcher 01-17-2013 08:36 PM

We're having a seperate kid party with a theme...its just the family party w/ her one best friend coming. I was worried she would ignore family if all her kid friends were here and I still like them to get special birthday time with her.

77Lipen 01-17-2013 08:40 PM

Princess themed party

I put rhinestones in the sand box and they dug for jewels
Pin the kiss on the frog
I Cut out high heel shoes and the kids decorate with glitter
Made foam crowns and glued the gems they found on it.

77Lipen 01-17-2013 08:43 PM

Oh and dress up station with costume jewelry and Halloween princess dresses

bradcher 01-19-2013 08:04 PM

Awesome princess ideas! She's having a Thomas party but I'm saving the princess ideas and will have a dress up chest on hand incase they get too wild. We have a kids decorate your own cupcake station, a bounce housew slide and basketball hoop and 2 crafts (making their own train goodie bag, and gluing the differnt parts of the train on w/ pom poms for steam and coal)

cyanotype 01-19-2013 09:05 PM

Make your own cupcakes was a huge hit at DD's 4th bday party.

Pin the funnel on Percy? Or Thomas/Gordon/Henry. Lol

Coloring pages?

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes. :mrgreen:

cyanotype 01-19-2013 09:23 PM

Just found these ideas online:

Follow the Locomotive
Played just like follow the leader. Line up the children and have the birthday child start as locomotive (line leader). Everyone must follow behind the locomotive and do as he/she does, such as skip, bunny hop, crawl, spin, walk backward, etc… After a minute or two blow the whistle (if you don’t have one you can just yell switch) and the caboose (last person in line) gets to come up to the front and be the locomotive. Everyone else stays the same. Play until everyone has had a chance to be the locomotive.

The Conductor Says
This game is played just like the traditional “Simon Says” but instead of Simon you say “the conductor says”. This would be really cute if you had a conductor hat, but you don’t have to. Line the children up facing the conductor. The conductor gives instructions such as “touch your nose”, “spin around in a circle”, and “reach for the sky”. If the conductor starts these statements with “the conductor says” the players have to do it, but if he doesn’t begin with the conductor says then they don’t do the action.
In a typical game if a child messes up they are out for that round, but you don’t have to play elimination. Just pay attention and after a few minutes pick the child who you think has been the best listener in the game to be the next conductor.

Get More Ideas At: http://www.queen-of-theme-party-game...#ixzz2ITyMPTP2