Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does this stroller exist? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482627)

JLea 01-17-2013 04:45 PM

Does this stroller exist?

I hope this is the correct place for this post :).

We are forgoing the infant seat with this next baby as we have plenty of convertible seats already available for use. I plan on babywearing a lot, but I would still like a stroller that would be functional from birth.

I need something that reclines or has some sort of option for an infant w/o a bucket seat. I also need it to fit a tall child. DS is 28 months and about 40" tall, so I imagine the next will follow suit. I don't want a sun shade all up on their head :). And of course a smooth ride would be nice. If there is an option for a toddler standing attachment that would be a bonus!

Does anything like this exist? Everything that looks promising to me looks to have tiny seats, and I don't think this LO will be small long. Help!

luvsviola 01-17-2013 05:02 PM

Re: Does this stroller exist?

I love my Baby Jogger City Mini...my 5 year old still rides in it all the time and doesn't hit her head on the canopy. The fold can't be beat, and they fold pretty small, so they don't take up a lot of trunk space when traveling. It doesn't come with a parent console, but the Sunshine Kids/Diono console fits it fine. It is significantly cheaper than the BJ one.

luvsgreen 01-17-2013 05:07 PM

Quinny zapp xtra

JLea 01-17-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola (Post 16172002)
I love my Baby Jogger City Mini...my 5 year old still rides in it all the time and doesn't hit her head on the canopy. The fold can't be beat, and they fold pretty small, so they don't take up a lot of trunk space when traveling. It doesn't come with a parent console, but the Sunshine Kids/Diono console fits it fine. It is significantly cheaper than the BJ one.

How would it work with an infant? I was looking at the citi select since it looks to recline quite a bit, but the seat looks tiny. I haven't seen the city mini in person yet.

luvsviola 01-17-2013 05:42 PM

City Mini lays flat.

I wanted a City Select, but the seats were tiny. I went with DH with money in hand to buy one last year, and left without it, and was extremely disappointed since so many people say they love it.

Green Decals 01-17-2013 07:49 PM

Peg Perego Pliko P3 - reclines flat for a newborn, foot folds up to create a "bassinet", and there is a platform on the back for an older child. Plus, it has awesome suspension, drives like a dream, has a great canopy, and holds super tall kids.

ssand23 01-17-2013 09:33 PM

I have both a Perego Pliko P3 and a City Elite that would both fit this bill. Though the City Elite has a much higher weight limit & size limit (it goes up to 75 lbs!) in general & a super smooth ride but the Pliko comes with the part on the back to stand on. Personally the City Elite is the first stroller I go for if we are going out but the Pliko is very nice, too & you can find a Pliko for cheaper on Craigslist than the City Elite (but if you have a very big/tall toddler, the Elite is worth every penny).

MamaRachel 01-17-2013 09:44 PM

I really like my Bumbleride Flyer. Full recline with a fold up foot for a baby, the handle reverses so you can watch a small baby, good size seat for a big kid (my 5 year old rode in it for a bit at the zoo comfortably,) decent fold & storage. I mostly babywear, but I do like my Bumbleride.

thealmightyme 01-17-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssand23 (Post 16173193)
I have both a Perego Pliko P3 and a City Elite that would both fit this bill. Though the City Elite has a much higher weight limit & size limit (it goes up to 75 lbs!) in general & a super smooth ride but the Pliko comes with the part on the back to stand on. Personally the City Elite is the first stroller I go for if we are going out but the Pliko is very nice, too & you can find a Pliko for cheaper on Craigslist than the City Elite (but if you have a very big/tall toddler, the Elite is worth every penny).

I have a city elite. My 5 yo still fits with no problems. He is 46". It drives well, but it is wide. It will fit through a standard door way, but only folds in half. So it takes up a lot of space. I have a truck with a locking tonneau so space is not a problem for me.

JLea 01-17-2013 10:33 PM

Wow! Thanks, ladies! I'll be looking into these.