Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Phil & Ted strollers- do you have one? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482825)

steph410 01-18-2013 08:25 AM

Phil & Ted strollers- do you have one?

I am thinking about getting a Phil and Ted's dot (it's a new smaller model out this year). Just wondering if anyone here has this brand and did you get the second seat for it? Do you think it was worth it? What ages of children did you use it for? Any thoughts at all on the brand would be awesome. thanks!

sisu 01-18-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Phil & Ted strollers- do you have one?

I recently got an Explorer w/ the doubles kit and love it. I have an almost 3 year old and a 14 month old. Taking it somewhere isn't exactly as easy as throwing an umbrella in my car, but overall it's really not bad for a double. Kids are very happy in it. :)

GEMQEMCABOOSE 01-18-2013 11:23 AM

We are on 6.5 years of continual use with our Phil and Teds. It carries everything from our newborns to our 5 year olds. Love everything about it and the company is great. Its the perfect stroller.

meeshkasheeba 01-18-2013 12:24 PM

I love our P&T. It is older (6 or so) and we have both seats. It has been wonderful for us. It is very sturdy and has survived all kinds of abuse. I tried a few other strollers and this one is definitely my favorite.

shortcake2386 01-18-2013 12:28 PM

We have one that's about four years old. It's not easy to fold up to store but the kids love it and it pushes easily even on rocky terrain. I do prefer my valco for running though

laila 01-18-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE
We are on 6.5 years of continual use with our Phil and Teds. It carries everything from our newborns to our 5 year olds. Love everything about it and the company is great. Its the perfect stroller.

Going on 8 years using it here with doubles kit. Absolutely love it. Got it when my almost 10 year old was 2 and her baby brother was 4 months old. Wow, how time flies.

willownz 01-18-2013 12:51 PM

We have had our explorer for 6 years now. Love the doubles kit. They are a NZ company and I prefer them over Mountain Buggy. We have used ours everywhere from the mall to the bush and the beach. I have used it with a 5 year old and a few day old nb.

steph410 01-18-2013 01:47 PM

so with the second seat, up to about what age child can go along with the baby? would it work with a 2 year old and newborn? a 4 year old and newborn?

BNC 01-18-2013 01:58 PM

I have the e3 with a doubles kit and love it! I also got a buggy pod (not by p&t but compatible) to make it a 3 seater. Its amazing!

BNC 01-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steph410 (Post 16175865)
so with the second seat, up to about what age child can go along with the baby? would it work with a 2 year old and newborn? a 4 year old and newborn?

My 5 year old sits in the second seat in both positions and is fine.