Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   DS stands to pee (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482899)

SamanthaSews 01-18-2013 11:51 AM

DS stands to pee

Ds (24 months) has been standing to pee at the toilet (or even in the bath tub) for at least 4 months now. He pees in the toilet on an almost daily basis but not regularly & he is still wetting his diapers. We are ready to get serious about training. Am I going to have a hard time training him to sit on the toilet? We don't even have a potty chair, just the potty seat insert. Should I get him a potty chair or stick with the seat on the toilet?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

SamanthaSews 01-18-2013 03:11 PM

I did a trial run this afternoon. He sat on the toilet with a reducer just fine. I don't think I will have problems.

Fishie Kisses 01-18-2013 03:32 PM

Re: DS stands to pee

awesome!! I'm about to start experimenting with DS3...praying he's as easy as his brothers were

SamanthaSews 01-19-2013 10:12 AM

Well I picked up a baby bjorn potty chair this am. Ds is interested in sitting on it as a chair (fully clothed) but we tried to get him to sit on it to pee & he wouldn't. He prefers to stand on the toilet. I hope I haven't made things harder for myself by teaching him to pee standing up first....

strongwoman 01-19-2013 02:42 PM

Should be fine. He'll know how to use public toilets when you go on outings soon- that's a plus!

Green Decals 01-19-2013 02:49 PM

Sit him backwards on the toilet - and use the reducer that way, too. I would skip the little potty if he is fine with the regular toilet, save yourself the hassle and the risk of he *only* wanting the little potty.

Nerissa 01-19-2013 03:05 PM

I have one sitter and one stander. The only problem I have ran into is some toilets are too tall for him, like public ones, and the one at my parents house and then he sits.

fawnanddoe 01-21-2013 09:52 AM

DS has been standing for a while now! Luckily we just moved to a mobile home, so the toilets are lower to the ground and the perfect height for him.
He basically potty trained himself, it was wonderful. I thank part-time EC when he was a wee one for that.
I'd also say skip the little potty if he's fine with the toilet.

SamanthaSews 01-21-2013 10:02 AM

Yeah so far he isn't that interested in the little potty chair. The only reason I got it is for bowel movements. Isn't it easier to poop with your feet on the floor?

How is it for BM training on a toilet with a reducer?

LaurenAppenzeller 01-21-2013 03:13 PM

Mine used a stool and reducer that way his feet have something to stand on while he's going. Now he doesn't want the reducer anymore. My potty chair had the reducer as its seat and then you can ditch the rest. I got sick of cleaning the poop out of the potty chair so we only used it for a short time. He goes in the bathroom whenever he has to go and can get his pants down/off and climb up and go without me whenever he has to go. Then move the stool to the sink and wash hands. Oh and then for pee he uses the stool and stands we started sitting but he wanted to stand pretty much right away. We also let him pee outside a lot in the beginning and spent time without pants on.