Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   overwhelmed :| (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483050)

2wonderfulboys 01-18-2013 07:24 PM

overwhelmed :|

I am expecting #3. I have a 21 month old (who is a huge momma fan :)) I am wanting to get a carrier for baby so she can feel close, but I also pick up YDS when needed. I have a moby wrap and a boba 3g. I don't care for either and have really never used them. I am not sure that I could get the hang of a wrap. What is a good carrier to get? Easy to use, not too expensive, and can be used for YDS or the new baby. Please help! I'm so lost in all this.

Mom2jandb 01-21-2013 09:36 PM

Ring slings are easy to use, easily adjusted between your toddler and newbie, and come in all price ranges :)

Mothering Grace 01-21-2013 09:55 PM

Re: overwhelmed :|

What didn't you like about the Boba? Was it the fit? Or do you just not like buckles at all?

MrsJax11 01-21-2013 10:26 PM

I didn't think I would like wrapping, but we love it. If you can manage a moby, you can manage a wrap. If the price point is what scares you off, just start looking for bargains now. I find lots of bargains for under 100...I have a ring sling, which is great for my LO now that she is bigger, but I think the moby is the best for under 15 lbs and then a woven wrap is the most versatile for bigger babies. SHe really likes the ergo nowthat she is 6 mos. The baby has a lot to do with it too! They all have different temperaments...

2wonderfulboys 01-21-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothering Grace (Post 16188941)
What didn't you like about the Boba? Was it the fit? Or do you just not like buckles at all?

It wasn't comfortable at all no matter how I adjusted it. It just felt bulky on.

2wonderfulboys 01-21-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsJax11 (Post 16189027)
I didn't think I would like wrapping, but we love it. If you can manage a moby, you can manage a wrap. If the price point is what scares you off, just start looking for bargains now. I find lots of bargains for under 100...I have a ring sling, which is great for my LO now that she is bigger, but I think the moby is the best for under 15 lbs and then a woven wrap is the most versatile for bigger babies. SHe really likes the ergo nowthat she is 6 mos. The baby has a lot to do with it too! They all have different temperaments...

I couldn't ever master the moby :(

momof3boys1girl 01-22-2013 12:05 AM

RS are very easy for little newbies and very easy to nurse in. Id honestly start there with something like a Maya. I loved my maya and used it with 2 of my children as newbies.

yamyam1106 01-22-2013 01:26 PM

I agree with everyone else about RS. We love our Ring Sling. :)

2wonderfulboys 01-22-2013 05:15 PM

Anyone ever use a zolowear ring sling?

Mom2jandb 01-22-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys
Anyone ever use a zolowear ring sling?

I did. I prefer the feel and breathability of my linen Sakura Bloom, but I got a lot of use out of my Zolo :)