Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Oh god....what am I getting myself into? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483057)

ProudGingerMama 01-18-2013 07:53 PM

Oh god....what am I getting myself into?

So I am officially out of the Navy today and now I will venture into the world of SAHM and full time student. I don't know how I am going to handle not having a job or the expectations of the military anymore. Any words of advice from the SAHPs that have been doing it for awhile?

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum

NotLad 01-18-2013 08:11 PM

Re: Oh god....what am I getting myself into?

find a moms group and get out of the house. Meetup.com is a good place to start.

ProudGingerMama 01-18-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotLad
find a moms group and get out of the house. Meetup.com is a good place to start.

Thank you! I will look into this as soon as the kids go to bed.

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum

keen1981 01-18-2013 09:03 PM

School will keep you busy!

leadmare 01-18-2013 09:34 PM

You DO have a job- you are now a full time SAHM and student. Yeah, you'll be plenty busy.

I'm also a SAHM and am getting my Masters. Plenty busy... But do get out of the house. GL!

luvsviola 01-18-2013 10:02 PM

Re: Oh god....what am I getting myself into?

One day at a time. :)

Have fun mama!

ProudGingerMama 01-18-2013 10:09 PM

Thank you everyone! :-) I'm excited but very nervous as well. I've been in the Navy since I was 17. I am now 26. I'm not sure I know how to relax and not have anyone to report to! LOL. It's going to be a major adjustment for all of us.

EmmaGM 01-18-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudGingerMama (Post 16177634)
Thank you everyone! :-) I'm excited but very nervous as well. I've been in the Navy since I was 17. I am now 26. I'm not sure I know how to relax and not have anyone to report to! LOL. It's going to be a major adjustment for all of us.

Report to us! Actually the happy homemakers thread in ot is a little like that...

ProudGingerMama 01-18-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaGM

Report to us! Actually the happy homemakers thread in ot is a little like that...

LOL I'll have to check it out. I have a feeling I may become a little more active here on DS.

RainandRedemption 01-19-2013 01:45 PM

You could report to yourself? Write out a list of things you want to get done every day :)

The only advice I have is get out every day if you can, and have fun with your kids :) GL!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum