Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GONE DELETE Baby city cheapie FFS (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483143)

Carebearmom22 01-19-2013 10:05 AM

GONE DELETE Baby city cheapie FFS

1 Attachment(s)
This diaper is just not for me! I ordered it from eBay from China, and I quickly learned my lesson! It is a pocket one size. The PUL is more like a cheap plastic baggie after 4 washes. It is clean and comes with an inner...maybe a crafty mom can add a better PUL. Just hate to throw it away. Not suggested for a heavy wetter, but an infant may get away with no leaks. Shipped

BabyLove624 01-19-2013 10:54 AM

Re: Baby city cheapie FFS

How much for shipping to 19125. My mom uses these cheap dipes while I work;)

Carebearmom22 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

$3.54 for shipping and Paypal fee

77Lipen 01-19-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyLove624
How much for shipping to 19125. My mom uses these cheap dipes while I work;)

Sorry to hijack the thread, banylove624
Does your mom have any issues with these or any special tricks to keeping them in good condition? I bought a few myself and decided to use a couple as swim dipes and sold the rest (for really cheap), but the mom was new to cd, so any advice would be great :)
Thanks

lulu_beans 01-23-2013 08:47 AM

Also, not to hijack the thread, but wondering the same as ^^above^^. We're VERY new to CD, and wondering tricks to help with the cheapies. I'm starting out with Thirsties, and someone gave me 2 of these. We've been practicing on one of my older daughters' dolls that wets...and these leak on that thing. I don't know how they are going to work on a real baby!

77Lipen 01-23-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulu_beans
Also, not to hijack the thread, but wondering the same as ^^above^^. We're VERY new to CD, and wondering tricks to help with the cheapies. I'm starting out with Thirsties, and someone gave me 2 of these. We've been practicing on one of my older daughters' dolls that wets...and these leak on that thing. I don't know how they are going to work on a real baby!

Lulu_beans
Leaks mean a couple things
Repelling: did you get these used or new and if new did you pre wash them.
Used you might need to strip: wash as normal with a DROP (a dime size) of blue dawn (has to be blue dawn) dish soap and rinse until no more suds in the washer.

Bad fit: are they decently 'tight' around the leg and waist.

Not enough absorption. The insert isnt holding the amount of water/pee being released. If the insert is soaked then you need more absorption.

It's possible the baby doll is 'peeing' faster than a normal baby would and that's why it's leaking. My girl pees in dribbles so theirs lots of time to absorb into the liner.

I did get a response from another member through a pm. She said that she washes them as usual. She's had a couple that the laminate peeled off the back but the other ones are just fine.

Carebearmom22 01-25-2013 09:05 AM

Any takers?

Jelymead 01-27-2013 05:59 PM

How much to 48910?

ashley_suzanne 01-27-2013 07:04 PM

Put me in line next to 31768.

MerissaA 01-27-2013 07:52 PM

For anyone wondering....we use these all the time, pretty much exclusively with Alvas. I washed them several times before use and haven't had an issue with them yet. I always double up on inserts while napping though. My favorite part is the fit around the legs. My boy is super skinny and these were one of the only ones that I could find that fit him!