Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Rediculous period cramps need advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483199)

mamamarisa 01-19-2013 12:45 PM

Rediculous period cramps need advice

i have never had a regular period, got my first at 10 or 11 years old and averaged 3-6 a year, they were always heavy and lasted 7-10 days. when i got preg with ds i didnt spot or anything, when i had him i was bleeding more than usual and having severe cramps so they recommended birth control. Started with the pill and was still ovulating so they put me on a second to boost it, still ovulating so they put me on depo provera and i bled for 10 straight months, started a pill with it no period since but even worse cramping, crippling pain, gained a ton of weight, and moody. And i started lactating with it, i didnt lactate at all when i had my son. So i took myself off it all in september to hopefully solve everything and i havent had a period still and get cramps and still lactate, my cramps are getting worse and the only problem solved is my weight has gone down a bit. By cramping, i mean not just once a month but on a daily basis, its been constant cramps since the birth of ds. Whats the deal?

mamamarisa 01-19-2013 12:48 PM

Re: Rediculous period cramps need advice

also the doc suggested it could be constipation, but i know the difference. He always pushes the issue aside when i bring it up by saying its the birth control, my period, whatever. I get motrin 800s but they dont help

GEM Cloth 01-19-2013 06:57 PM

I am sorry you are going through this, and I don't have much in the way of advice except to think there are some serious issues going on that need to be diagnosed. The only thing I can think of is to recommend reusable menstrual products like cloth pads and cups since women who use these usually have fewer painful side effects. But I think you have some health issues that have yet to be diagnosed. Maybe some other mamas can help. I hope you are able to figure out what it is and get it treated.

Spunkify 01-19-2013 07:50 PM

Adenomyosis?

How old are you?

Depo really, really screwed me up too. I didn't go back for my one year shot in uh 2004, I think (maybe early 2005) because I bled so far for so long on it and developed a cervical ectropion. I had a miscarriage in October 2005 that I think may have been caused by the Depo's longer lasting effects too, just can't prove it. It took us 13 months to conceive our older son after my son when I had never had a miscarriage or issues conceiving before or since.

gracekissed 02-02-2013 09:38 PM

Find a different doctor. A reproductive endocrinologist, maybe. Lactating can be a sign of pituitary tumor, and you want somebody who knows their specialty. REs aren't just for infertiles- they know a toooooon more than most Gyns about pelvic pain and cycle irregularities.

homebirthmom 03-17-2013 11:00 AM

your hormones are all in wack. I had a dr tell me that is it was normal too. had a 55 day bleed about 10 yrs ago. after their meds and crazy advice. I did my own research and started Femtrol herbs. bleeding stopped in 12 hrs. now I take a few of those everytime my bleeding goes too long after period.