Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Suggestions for a portable crib please! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483247)

firststella 01-19-2013 03:20 PM

Suggestions for a portable crib please!

Do you have any suggestions for me please?
I'm lookin for a portable crib that would go through doors, be used from nb to 7-8 months (so multiple height mattress).
I looked at the "dream on me" brand on amazon and there were bad reviews concerning toxic paint used and vinyl on the mattress.
Price under 160$ would be great but can be higher.
Thank you all for advice!

EmilytheStrange 01-19-2013 04:22 PM

Is there a reason why a pack and play wouldn't work? They have different heights and even sell boards that are more like mattresses than the most common pack and play hard bottom.

And they're very portable and would last very long (my 99th percentile 2yo is sleeping in one this week on vacation).

Ours came with a bassinet height and the lower height for older children. No paint issues, and definitely under $160.

EmilytheStrange 01-19-2013 04:25 PM

I'll try again - my last reply was eaten.

Is there a reason you don't want a pack and play? They are very portable, come with different height things - bassinet and then all the way down - and in your price range. They even sell mattress pad type boards instead of the hard boards you can get.

Definitely no toxic paint.

hpfgirl 01-19-2013 04:31 PM

We liked our Rock n sleep.

firststella 01-20-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I'll try again - my last reply was eaten.

Is there a reason you don't want a pack and play? They are very portable, come with different height things - bassinet and then all the way down - and in your price range. They even sell mattress pad type boards instead of the hard boards you can get.

Definitely no toxic paint.

Oh pack n play is not excluded. I'm not that familiar with these. Would it be comfortable enough for regular use? For example a Graco lite?

EmilytheStrange 01-20-2013 07:51 PM

My cousin only had one for her son from birth to 2, so I think so.

The one we got, DD hated. But I've since learned that you can get real mattress pads for them. Hers was just a hard board.

She's a 99th %tile 2yo and has been sleeping comfortably in one for the last week in our vacation :) so I think it's big enough.

We'll put it back in our room at the bassinet height for this baby in a couple months. But I do think I'll look into their real mattresses.

firststella 01-26-2013 09:30 PM

So I just found a graco lite on CL for $50 and it seems great, exactly what I was looking for! And my hubby's cousin lent us her arms reach mini cosleeper. I guess we are all set!

mollym 01-30-2013 08:11 PM

Re: Suggestions for a portable crib please!

It looks like you have your answer, but I thought I'd add my mini crib suggestion, just in case anyone else is looking. We bought the Baby Mod Dylan crib from Wal-Mart, which is just the same as the Babyletto Grayson crib that you can buy on Amazon. We paid $169. It has wheels, comes in multiple colors, and folds down flat so you could store it under the bed or in the closet. Mini crib mattresses are a joke, so you'll probably want to buy something thicker. The mattress we purchased was under $30 and works great.

firststella 01-31-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollym
It looks like you have your answer, but I thought I'd add my mini crib suggestion, just in case anyone else is looking. We bought the Baby Mod Dylan crib from Wal-Mart, which is just the same as the Babyletto Grayson crib that you can buy on Amazon. We paid $169. It has wheels, comes in multiple colors, and folds down flat so you could store it under the bed or in the closet. Mini crib mattresses are a joke, so you'll probably want to buy something thicker. The mattress we purchased was under $30 and works great.

Yes. But thank you for telling me about yours!
I still need to buy another mattress though!