Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stainless steel cookware question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484044)

Marianna1988 01-22-2013 12:56 AM

Stainless steel cookware question
 
Will an immersion bender scratch my stainless steel cookware? I've noticed my metal spatula leaves little scratches, more than my bamboo ones. I've never used a handheld, I'm not sure if it touches the pan?

dani_p 01-22-2013 03:48 AM

Immersion blenders have a plastic guard all around the blades. They won't scratch your pots. I LOVE mine. I use it all the time. :)

Marianna1988 01-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_p
Immersion blenders have a plastic guard all around the blades. They won't scratch your pots. I LOVE mine. I use it all the time. :)

Thanks!

mama_to_DJM 01-22-2013 02:35 PM

Re: Stainless steel cookware question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_p (Post 16189273)
Immersion blenders have a plastic guard all around the blades. They won't scratch your pots. I LOVE mine. I use it all the time. :)

Really? What brand do you have? I have a KitchenAid one, and it has metal all around the bottom part, so I'm hesitant to use it in my pots.

dani_p 01-22-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama_to_DJM

Really? What brand do you have? I have a KitchenAid one, and it has metal all around the bottom part, so I'm hesitant to use it in my pots.

It's made by Braun... It's probably 15 years old (it was a hand-me-down from my dad's kitchen). Not sure if they even make them anymore ;)

dani_p 01-22-2013 03:35 PM

I did a quick Amazon search and the only Braun units there are not for use in the US. I found a Cuisinart one that has a plastic guard here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004...r=1-17&pi=SL75 But it has bad reviews... :shrug:

BSWmama 01-23-2013 12:38 PM

Re: Stainless steel cookware question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marianna1988 (Post 16189220)
Will an immersion bender scratch my stainless steel cookware? I've noticed my metal spatula leaves little scratches, more than my bamboo ones. I've never used a handheld, I'm not sure if it touches the pan?

I have stainless steel cookware and I don't worry about anything scratching it. That was the point of upgrading from the nonstick coated stuff I was using before. If food gets stuck on (sometimes happens) then I use an abrasive (Bar Keeper's Friend and scrubby sponge) to clean it off.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors