Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I FINALLY got a KitchenAid mixer!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484281)

madebymommy 01-22-2013 04:08 PM

I FINALLY got a KitchenAid mixer!!

After 2 years of begging, it came today :lostit: I see that they sell covers - are these necessary, or do you recommend having and using one?

mommyto3sweeties 01-22-2013 04:12 PM

Re: I FINALLY got a KitchenAid mixer!!

Yeah! I love my kitchenaid mixer. I use it nearly every day. I don't have a cover for mine.

stevensmom 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

I don't have a cover...no need for it when you use it so much :)

Ainmemphis 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

I have a cover for mine, but I didn't buy the "kitchen aid" one. I use the cover because I keep the bowl and attachments with the mixer on the counter and the cover keeps dust out if I'm not using it everyday.

Amjohnstone32 01-22-2013 04:17 PM

This made me LOL, welcome to having a good relationship with a kitchen appliance, you will love it! As for a cover, it's really only for aesthetic reasons, but if you want to find a cute one that goes with your kitchen, go for it!

I love making this in mine!

10 Minute Dough

2 c. Warm Water
2 Tbsp. Yeast
4 Tbsp. Sugar
5 c. White Flour
1/4 c. Oil
2 tsp. Salt

Mix water, yeast, sugar, and 2 c. flour. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.

Place rest of ingredients in bowl and beat 10 minutes to make a soft dough.

Dough is now ready for flat bread, pizza crust, rolls, bread loaf, etc.

NOTES:
You can use pretty much any type of flour for this. I generally do the 2 c. of flour with my white bread flour for a nice fluffy rise.
Make an herb bread with herbs like basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
Make a cheesy bread by adding some to the kneading process.
You can make a sweet bread by adding cinnamon and sugar, fruit (dried, canned {well drained}, fresh), etc.
Bake at 350* in well greased pan for about 30 minutes for bread loaf (sandwich/bowl/braided), for about 20 minutes for rolls/knots.

madebymommy 01-22-2013 04:21 PM

I'm SO excited. I got new Cuisinart pots and pans and a KA mixer all in the same week, I feel like queen of the world!!

Okay, it will be out on the counter because that thing is HEAVY, but I will be using it daily... so I think I will get this instead, and then Talula will match my damask print crock pot :giggle: http://www.etsy.com/listing/95442534..._type=handmade

madebymommy 01-22-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amjohnstone32 (Post 16192068)
This made me LOL, welcome to having a good relationship with a kitchen appliance, you will love it! As for a cover, it's really only for aesthetic reasons, but if you want to find a cute one that goes with your kitchen, go for it!

I love making this in mine!

10 Minute Dough

2 c. Warm Water
2 Tbsp. Yeast
4 Tbsp. Sugar
5 c. White Flour
1/4 c. Oil
2 tsp. Salt

Mix water, yeast, sugar, and 2 c. flour. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.

Place rest of ingredients in bowl and beat 10 minutes to make a soft dough.

Dough is now ready for flat bread, pizza crust, rolls, bread loaf, etc.

NOTES:
You can use pretty much any type of flour for this. I generally do the 2 c. of flour with my white bread flour for a nice fluffy rise.
Make an herb bread with herbs like basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
Make a cheesy bread by adding some to the kneading process.
You can make a sweet bread by adding cinnamon and sugar, fruit (dried, canned {well drained}, fresh), etc.
Bake at 350* in well greased pan for about 30 minutes for bread loaf (sandwich/bowl/braided), for about 20 minutes for rolls/knots.

Thank you for the recipe!!!

Do you beat with the paddle or the dough hooks?

OMG so excited!!!! :lostit:

Amjohnstone32 01-22-2013 04:51 PM

YW! I always do herbed garlic rolls, they are a big hit! And so easy! Let me know how you like the recipe! And what you come up with! It's so versatile! I use the hook. That way when the dough is completely ready, you just have to slide it off the hook instead of having to deal with the nooks and crannies of the paddle. Have Fun :)

Brooke789 01-22-2013 05:45 PM

I've had my KitchenAid for 10 years! No cover. As far as I can tell the only reason for it is to keep dust out of the bowl. I just rinse my bowl before using it if necessary.