Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Contours lt double stroller? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484892)

Mom2Connor 01-24-2013 11:51 AM

Contours lt double stroller?

Does anyone have this? Are you happy with it? We just saw an ad for it in babytalk magazine and it looks good for ours needs, but haven't seen it in person.

What is amazons return policy after assembly to see it in person?

rchamberlain 01-24-2013 12:03 PM

Re: Contours lt double stroller?

We have the single one with the Orange hood. I got it as a backup for my Maclaren Volo since it reclines and has a bigger basket. I haven't used my Maclaren since the Contours arrived because it is fantastic. Don't know if the the double would be as wonderful, but I find it easy to close, lightweight and the steering is very smooth and comfortable.

Alikhlas 01-24-2013 12:14 PM

Looked at this yesterday and I'm stuck between this and the graco ready to grow..this one has the bigger basket and the seats recline all the way down to bassinet style, but the graco has the "sit and stand" option as well. And it's like $100 cheaper...but not built as well as the contours.

Mom2Connor 01-24-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alikhlas
Looked at this yesterday and I'm stuck between this and the graco ready to grow..this one has the bigger basket and the seats recline all the way down to bassinet style, but the graco has the "sit and stand" option as well. And it's like $100 cheaper...but not built as well as the contours.

DS1 still likes to ride a lot and the ready2grow seat barely diys him even now, he is tall about 38" and 32ish lbs. his knees hit the tray or he can drag them on the ground. I'm not sure he will want to ride on the sit and stand part happily for two hrs strolling around the mall YK?

DH is also tall, 6'3" and even a slow stroll he hits the foot part in front of him while pushing. So we are looking at other options that will work w/ our graco bucket seat. The contour has a bucket attachment that works with it so hmm?

ohgirlohboyohno 01-24-2013 12:55 PM

When I looked at one of these I thought it looked good but the seats looked small to me...and the display one had a broken seat....like the part they sit on was just a cardboard and was already bent....that was a couple years ago so don't know if they have made changes

maddys_mama 01-24-2013 02:00 PM

The seats don't tend to fit tall kids. Dd lasted longer than usual in it because she's all legs but a child of similar size with a longer torso probably would've been uncomfortable.

I don't particularly care for ours but I don't really like any of our strollers. It's huge and heavy. We basically only used it when we'd be somewhere very open, like a zoo. I can't imagine ever using it to shop. It's just too big. I found it far easier to wear the smallest one and push the bigger one in a single stroller.

Mom2Connor 01-24-2013 04:35 PM

Yeah, I know it's not DS friendly but I'm not huge on baby wearing. All double strollers are big and heavy so I'm not worried about that. At big outings we will take our single since DS walks everywhere. Shopping though, he would never stand still while I go through racks of clearance clothes and whatnot so that's when we'll use it the most. Bummer it isn't good for tall kids.

Alikhlas 01-24-2013 05:34 PM

Do the experienced mamas have any other recs, under the $200 ish range if possible?

ohgirlohboyohno 01-24-2013 06:52 PM

we have a baby trend sit and stand...it's the model with 2 seats and the back seat you can "dis-assemble" to make it the stand thing...it actually dis-assembles rather easily, I have done that in the mall.

It's kind of big, but not obnoxious big, it folds pretty small, kids like it, though 2 toddlers in there gets heavy.

My kids aren't big stroller kiddos though so we hardly ever really use it.

I have heard a bunch of people say their kids like to sit next to each other or face each other...so possibly a different option for you if you have kids like that.

Mom2Connor 01-25-2013 06:34 AM

Has to fit a graco bucket seat.