Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   advice for storing and diapering two floors (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484914)

Jamimclaugh 01-24-2013 12:27 PM

advice for storing and diapering two floors

I just moved into a two story and I need advice on how to organize and store the dipes. Should I split the stash between both floors, have two complete set ups and bins?? I spend my time almost half and half, and my newest lo is only 6 weeks. Any advice is appreciated! Oh and I have all BGs that I am going to start up again. (First we used both prefolds and BGs)

Thanks!

dagmomma 01-24-2013 12:35 PM

Re: advice for storing and diapering two floors

I am planning on this with NB. We live on 1 level right now and will be moving after baby arrives. Probably to a 2 story if I cannot get my hands on another nice size ranch. I will have to in cloth.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...src=AutoCatRel

qhorses8 01-25-2013 10:48 AM

When LO was a newborn, I had a wetbag in our room were we slept and enought changes at least for the night. Everything else was on the main livining floor. Once he didn't need to be changed at night, we carried him upstairs for the morning diaper change and put him in his nighttime diaper before bringing him down.

raymark 01-25-2013 11:30 AM

We don't spend as much time upstairs as we do downstairs, and I didn't roam our house that frequently with twins throughout the first months. But I did keep a large tote bag with diapering supplies upstairs. It was very easy to fling the handles over my shoulder to cart to the laundry room or downstairs to swap out dipes with my main stash.

My LOs spent nights in a pack n play upstairs in our room. their room & main nap location was downstairs. So, my tote bag was also used to replenish the pack-n-plays changing center supplies.

If you have swings & bouncy seats on every floor of your house like I did it would also be easy to keep a square canvas box with handles next to the baby areas throughout your house. They are great at containing all sorts of supplies & easy to move around.

Pixi6s 01-25-2013 11:39 AM

We also didn't spend as much time of the top floor so we didn't have to do half in half but we did have 2 setups.

Upstairs we had the pile of nighttime diaper and a pile of inserts. Since we did AI2 type systems (GroVia and prefolds and covers) the last cover taken off in the evening generally be the first the next day. If it needed to be washed, I would generally have to just remember to bring up a new one after bedtime (i always had to check the inserts and make sure it was good either). We had a changing mat on a low wide dresser and a bin with the diapers, wipes and a spray bottle. I hung the "hanging wet pail" (basically a larger wetbag only made of PUL) on a hook off of the hamper.

Downstairs we had the changing mat on the washing machine in the bathroom. We had a bin with the majority of the stash and everything we needed. Another hanging wet pail.

Pixi6s 01-25-2013 11:42 AM

If you have set times when you will be changing floors (like you spend the mornings on one floor and afternoons on another) I like the idea of just having your bin in a bag. When you switch floors you just have to grab that. If you are changing floors more often than probably just have 2 setups.

nonipie 01-25-2013 02:00 PM

I just keep a basket with a handful of diapers, wipe box and a wetbag in the living room. Everything else is in the bedroom.