Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My little boy is in preschool!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484956)

boysniris 01-24-2013 01:54 PM

My little boy is in preschool!!!

Today is Day #3 of preschool for DS2. He's been asking to go since August (he sees the preschool every day b/c it's on the same campus as DS1's school) :giggle:

Everything has gone by so quickly: he PLed over the Christmas break, which was pretty nice. Then several weeks of almost no accidents. Oldest went back to school, and after a week I decided to call the preschool and find out if/when he could start.

They had room in the afternoon class, so on Tuesday we went to check it out. I stayed the whole time (about 2 hours). He wanted to go the next day so I signed him up!

I remember just AGONIZING over sending DS1 to child care, then to preschool, then to school...but things went so smoothly for DS2. No agonizing, I like the preschool and his teacher. I will volunteer w/the class on Mondays. My time at home is very different now.

It just feels weird sometimes, with the house quiet and no boys around.

adjroberts 01-24-2013 09:21 PM

Aww! It is such a love/hate when kids grow up! Here's to lots of fun and making new friends!

danielle 01-25-2013 05:09 AM

Wow I bet it feels different! I'm sure it's bittersweet, but I know that I would enjoy it. Then again my son is 18 months. I enjoy every little break he gives me, even if he's just sitting and eating his dinner.

My daughter went to UPK at 4, where she is now, and it's really amazing when they come home knowing things you didn't teach them.

boysniris 01-25-2013 08:29 AM

Re: My little boy is in preschool!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjroberts (Post 16202869)
Aww! It is such a love/hate when kids grow up! Here's to lots of fun and making new friends!

Thank you! Yes, I'm happy to see them growing up, but it's kinda sad at the same time. It makes me want another baby :giggle: Some of the moms are very friendly so it will be fun to get to know them better. It's a parent-participation preschool and there's an evening class 2x/month for the parent(s) to attend so that will be a great chance to "bond" LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by danner (Post 16203439)
Wow I bet it feels different! I'm sure it's bittersweet, but I know that I would enjoy it. Then again my son is 18 months. I enjoy every little break he gives me, even if he's just sitting and eating his dinner.

My daughter went to UPK at 4, where she is now, and it's really amazing when they come home knowing things you didn't teach them.

:goodvibes:

Fitter 01-25-2013 08:42 AM

awww it muct be nice and difficult at the same time. I am sure I will cry when I drop my youngest kiddo off at preschool and then drive as fast as I can to Starbucks with a book in hand :giggle2:

boysniris 01-25-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitter (Post 16204042)
awww it muct be nice and difficult at the same time. I am sure I will cry when I drop my youngest kiddo off at preschool and then drive as fast as I can to Starbucks with a book in hand :giggle2:

Right? So happy to have a break, so sad to see the kiddos not need you 100% of the time! DS1 has a minimum day today, so I will drop DS2 at preschool and then pick up DS1. He wants me to bring his wallet and take him to the store so he can buy his own gum!

RainandRedemption 01-25-2013 03:10 PM

Well... I opened this thread expecting pictures :foottap: lol!

Good for him, and you! Enjoy the quiet. Regain some sanity :)

boysniris 01-25-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainandRedemption (Post 16205965)
Well... I opened this thread expecting pictures :foottap: lol!

Good for him, and you! Enjoy the quiet. Regain some sanity :)

I am terrible...I haven't taken any of him at school yet :blush: I keep forgetting to take the camera. So I'll take them on Monday for sure, when I am there for my volunteering time.