Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   tell me about Thirsties fitteds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485010)

KBailey87 01-24-2013 03:47 PM

tell me about Thirsties fitteds

Are these good diapers? I've never used a Thirsties diaper and I have someone wanting me to trade an Itti Bitti Tutto that I'm trying to sell for one of these. Thanks!

penguinande 01-24-2013 04:33 PM

Re: tell me about Thirsties fitteds

I love my Thirsties duo fab fitteds. I know they made a sized fitted in the past and not sure how different those are, but mine are soft, colorful, and super absorbent. I have 2 that I rotate as nighttime diapers, stuffed with 1-2 small hemp inserts, for my toddler. I've been using them a few months and they've held up great. I really like that the entire inside is stay-dry.

Mellymel 01-24-2013 04:35 PM

I use the thirsties duo wrap and love them. They have the leg gussets to help keep poop in

meljc 01-24-2013 04:56 PM

Love it for nights with hemp or bamboo in the tunnel under a wool soaker. I just wish it wasn't microfiber. FYI i bought mine for 10.50 new from a store that wasn't stocking them anymore. Tuttos are worth much more, do be careful on your trade value!

KBailey87 01-24-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meljc (Post 16201706)
Love it for nights with hemp or bamboo in the tunnel under a wool soaker. I just wish it wasn't microfiber. FYI i bought mine for 10.50 new from a store that wasn't stocking them anymore. Tuttos are worth much more, do be careful on your trade value!

Thanks! I was wondering how much a thirsties was worth. I will definitely be careful about that!

foggierbard9 01-25-2013 07:30 AM

I have to pick the fuzz out of the velcro every time we wash them. They just pick up everything even when attached to the laundry tabs. They also get crunch by the snaps if you don't unsnap them when washing them. We use them with a size one hemp prefold overnight for our 7 month old, and they work, but I am going to be looking for something better because I am just done picking velcro clean all the time. Just the velcro on our Thirsties picks up stuff this fast, the other velcro covers/diapers we have still have new looking velcro even with longer use.

meljc 01-25-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggierbard9 (Post 16203722)
I have to pick the fuzz out of the velcro every time we wash them. They just pick up everything even when attached to the laundry tabs. They also get crunch by the snaps if you don't unsnap them when washing them. We use them with a size one hemp prefold overnight for our 7 month old, and they work, but I am going to be looking for something better because I am just done picking velcro clean all the time. Just the velcro on our Thirsties picks up stuff this fast, the other velcro covers/diapers we have still have new looking velcro even with longer use.

Snaps :-)

Hi-Dog 01-25-2013 02:12 PM

We used the size 1 duos and graduated up to the size 2s and love them for naps/night. We use them with a hemp insert and wool for overnight and they are super absorbent. They aren't the trimmest option, but they are soft and hold up pretty well. Snaps hold up much better than the aplix, too.

Pixi6s 01-25-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggierbard9 (Post 16203722)

I was suggested to use a snappi to scrap the fuzz out of velcro. I found it works very well and is easier than other methods.