Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   quick, healthy hot breakfast (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485029)

jbug_4 01-24-2013 06:04 PM

quick, healthy hot breakfast

ideas? Not oatmeal. No peanuts, nuts or coconut. I like oatmeal and so does one of my lo's but one doesn't and neither does dh. We do a lot of smoothies and fruit, but its been so cold I've wanted hot breakfasts. What are some healthy quick hot breakfasts (or thawed and quickly heated). We like quick breads but they aren't the healthiest. We also like oatbran as hot cereal, but dh won' eat that very often.

ETA: My dh is a big baby. He will not eat frozen pancakes or waffles. Or any kind quiche like thing.

s@hmommy 01-24-2013 06:05 PM

Re: quick, healthy hot breakfast

My kids always love a simple over medium egg and some fruit and toast on the side.

jbug_4 01-24-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy (Post 16201751)
My kids always love a simple over medium egg and some fruit and toast on the side.

We do this about once a week.

s@hmommy 01-24-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 16201778)
We do this about once a week.

We do it more often than not :blush:. I also make up huge batches of whole wheat pancakes and freeze them, then thaw and reheat in the morning, add some fresh fruit. I do the same thing with breakfast burritos for dh, the kids don't care for them right now.

kocho 01-24-2013 06:19 PM

I was going to suggest breakfast burritos. You can make them ahead, freeze and heat in the microwave.

jbug_4 01-24-2013 06:35 PM

I asked dh about breakfast burritos. he said he'd try them, but he is really weird with food so we'll see. I don't like them though. I love tortillas but something about eggs and tortillas just doesn't work for me. But I have no issues with just making me some oatmeal and letting them eat the burritos.

hbee 01-24-2013 06:54 PM

Cream of Wheat? Cocoa Wheats?

solobluedancer 01-24-2013 06:59 PM

Birdies in a basket. Cut a hole in a piece of bread. Butter a skillet. Put the bread on the skillet and crack an egg into the hole. Cook it on both sides. Depending on how hard you cook the egg, you can either eat it on the plate or pick it up and eat it.

Newton 01-24-2013 07:56 PM

Toast with wow butter? Or cheese?
Scrambled eggs or frittatas?
Hot rice cereal?

bfuzzy2 01-24-2013 08:38 PM

What about quinoa? I have seen some recipes using it for breakfast.