Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper Safar vs Flips (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485033)

rooster2012 01-24-2013 06:09 PM

Diaper Safar vs Flips

I know this has been addressed before, but I'd really like to know which you mama's prefer. I ordered some DS covers after reading a thread about them recently. They work great at night over fitteds (I had leaks with wool... Not sure why) and one of them contained a massive poop explosion during my daughters nap today. But my baby has chunky thighs and a skinny waist and I don't love the snap configuration, so I order a few flips today's from Nicki's (2 for $20). They are hook an loop, which I admit I like more due to laziness. Which do you prefer and why?

MothyrGrimm 01-24-2013 07:05 PM

I'd like to know too!

PurpleFluff 01-24-2013 08:38 PM

I hate my aplix flips. It's a pain to remember the laundry tabs and I inevitably end up snagging the fabric. My fleece liners stick to the Velcro so the Velcro looks rough already and I've only had them a few months. They look so much older than the snap flips and Diaper Safari covers I got right around the same time. I was so sure I would prefer aplix too.

If I'm comparing snap Flips to snap DS...it's very close. I'd have to give DS the win because of the bigger back flap, value, and awesome color selection.

thejuel 01-24-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleFluff
I hate my aplix flips. It's a pain to remember the laundry tabs and I inevitably end up snagging the fabric. My fleece liners stick to the Velcro so the Velcro looks rough already and I've only had them a few months. They look so much older than the snap flips and Diaper Safari covers I got right around the same time. I was so sure I would prefer aplix too.

If I'm comparing snap Flips to snap DS...it's very close. I'd have to give DS the win because of the bigger back flap, value, and awesome color selection.

And the stretchiness. It's unreal lol! I've been a die hard flip fan with both girls but I do love our ds covers. The funny thing is that I hate hip snaps on pockets. But I like them on the ds covers.

Kay+Dave 01-24-2013 08:52 PM

I have aplix flips and diaper safaris with snaps. I love my flips for middle of the night changes when it's dark and I'm tired and don't feel like fumbling with snaps. However, I totally agree with the above comment about aplix looking worn faster and snagging! I also thought I would like aplix better, but discovered differently once I started diapering my son.

I would have to say my diaper safaris win out also due to the value, quality, stretchiness, and adorable colors!! Plus, the back flap is awesome! Also, I have a feeling my DS covers are going to hold their shape and elastic a whole lot longer than my flips, but that's just my guess. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MothyrGrimm 01-25-2013 12:58 AM

Ooooo Diaper Safari for the win! I still might hit up the $7 seconds Flips though can't even get used that cheap.

PurpleFluff 01-25-2013 07:37 AM

I'd definitely get some of both. Both are great covers and you might find your preferences are different. Plus, both have great colors so together they make a pretty rainbow! :P

Attachment 131840

rooster2012 01-25-2013 08:28 AM

Thank you so much ladies for your opinions :-) and thanks PurpleFluff for the awesome pic!

lisathib123 01-25-2013 09:15 AM

MAN!!! All of this talk has me DIEING to get mine in the mail. They were shipped Tuesday. I can't wait to try them out and see the bright colors. I hate snaps though. I am excited about the back flap. I've always been die hard Flip. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!!!!

mommyto3sweeties 01-25-2013 09:25 AM

Re: Diaper Safar vs Flips

I like both but also vote Diaper Safari. They fit better over PFs and fitteds because of the stretch factor!