Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So I got bored.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485052)

Catbutt Diapers 01-24-2013 07:01 PM

So I got bored....

and decided to email a bunch of USA/Canada Alva resellers and ask if anyone could show me their testing results (like Kawaii has) or the certification that they are CPSIA compliant... not a single one has answered me back. :(

MothyrGrimm 01-24-2013 07:10 PM

Any big company I've ever emailed takes a few days or couple weeks to write me back. Maybe similar for you?

RockinLou 01-24-2013 11:02 PM

Re: So I got bored....

:popcorn:

77Lipen 01-24-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers
and decided to email a bunch of USA/Canada Alva resellers and ask if anyone could show me their testing results (like Kawaii has) or the certification that they are CPSIA compliant... not a single one has answered me back. :(

:)

holocene 01-24-2013 11:13 PM

:popcorn:

Almacham 01-25-2013 08:06 AM

Maybe it will take them a while to answer you.

March 01-25-2013 02:06 PM

I'm curious to hear the response!
You should be able to ask any manufacturer OR reseller for a GCC (General Certificate of Conformity) for each and every print and style. Also, if the product has snaps or PUL, it must be tested for lead, pthalates, and flammability.

So, for example, you could send an email saying, "Hi. I would like the GCC for your overnight pocket diaper in the blue owl print."

They should be able to provide either the SGS test results or a GCC that clearly shows the lead/pthalate/flammability testing for 1) Blue owl PUL fabric 2) white microfleece inner fabric 3) snaps 4) elastic.

(And not just a one-page SGS test report for *white* PUL and fleece.)

Catbutt Diapers 01-25-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by March (Post 16205440)
I'm curious to hear the response!
You should be able to ask any manufacturer OR reseller for a GCC (General Certificate of Conformity) for each and every print and style. Also, if the product has snaps or PUL, it must be tested for lead, pthalates, and flammability.

So, for example, you could send an email saying, "Hi. I would like the GCC for your overnight pocket diaper in the blue owl print."

They should be able to provide either the SGS test results or a GCC that clearly shows the lead/pthalate/flammability testing for 1) Blue owl PUL fabric 2) white microfleece inner fabric 3) snaps 4) elastic.

(And not just a one-page SGS test report for *white* PUL and fleece.)

I'm pretty sure at this point they are not going to get back to me, so I'm going to wait a month or so and then I will ask just that from a different email address :) thanks!!!

RockinLou 01-25-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers (Post 16206818)
I'm pretty sure at this point they are not going to get back to me, so I'm going to wait a month or so and then I will ask just that from a different email address :) thanks!!!

I will be shocked if they respond. But I'm definitely curious to hear what they have to say!

Catbutt Diapers 01-25-2013 10:13 PM

Does anyone know if businesses are actually required to show these proofs if requested?