Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am about to turn psycho mom (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485057)

toys2teach 01-24-2013 06:07 PM

I am about to turn psycho mom

My 4 year old daughter will NOT stop calling for me and just go to sleep :banghead: She calls me and I ignore her as long as I can stand it (she has already been read to and snuggled and comforted.) When the stress of her saying mom 100 times gets to me I finally cave and go in her room yelling. I quickly feel terrible because she looks so offended and so then I end up cuddling her more. We talk about how it is bedtime and there is no more talking to mommy. She must go to sleep now. Next thing I know she is screaming a question at me from her room. Where is daddy, when are you going to bed, are you in the office? on and on and on......and she repeats the questions loudly with no pause in between and will only stop if I answer her. I am not used to this with her so I can't evem think straight right now on how to handle her. Should I just go in a snuggle with her until she falls asleep? I hate to start something like that and for her to continue this behavior because she knows it would end with me laying with her until she falls asleep.

This also happened in the middle of the night last night and I was too tired to deal with it any longer. She ended up in my bed

Ok- I feel better now that I have vented. No more pycho mom. :giggle2: I will still take any advice from those who have dealt with bedtime dillemas! We have a good bedtime routine and she didn't stay up extra late so I don't know what the deal is.. ..

cmarsh31 01-24-2013 06:49 PM

Re: I am about to turn psycho mom

No real advice... btdt. Seems to be a 4-year-old girl thing. As we're closing in on 5 quickly it's faded.

tallanvor 01-24-2013 07:44 PM

I let them ask one or two things, but when they get to the 3rd or 4th thing, I say "last thing" and I leave it at that. I do not answer or go in after that. It's tough, but it usually only lasts a few days before they figure out you mean it.

calleiah 01-24-2013 07:55 PM

I have one that did that. My answer to all questions is "we'll talk tomorrow." Repeat ad nauseum for 3-4 days. When the reply is always the same, they do stop asking after a while. :)

homebirthmom 01-24-2013 07:58 PM

going thru something similar and flame me if you wish but after she yells at me 50 time sot get her this or that, demanding I get it when its next to her... I am pretty pissy. I stop talking to her and she goes to her room or she stays there if she is already in bed. I just ignore it. I dont have the patience to keep going back and forth nor do i think it teaches her a good lesson.

keep strong mom. just walk away

LittleThingsMama638 01-24-2013 08:07 PM

My 4.5 year old does this. It drives me crazy. He wakes up the other two doing it. I stopped answering. If I answered one question he'd keep going so I just ignored it and when he got louder, I'd tell him it was bedtime not question time and he could ask in the morning. I find he does it more when he had a nap and isn't tired come bedtime.

august6 01-24-2013 08:40 PM

My 3 year old comes up with excuses to get out of bed allllll the time. "Mommy, you forgot to put my dirty socks in the dirty clothes. . . Mommy, I think I have a booger in my nose. . . Mommy, I heard something scratching in my room. . . Mommy, I'm hot." Most nights he ends up in our bed, but it's after 5:30 am when my husband goes to work, so I don't mind.

mrseum 01-24-2013 10:02 PM

Does she still nap?? My 3yo used to do that until the time change & he started refusing naps. Was getting out of bed non stop-even after I'd given him his melatonin to help him wind down & fall asleep. Now he goes without fuss.

AbbieJack 01-24-2013 10:12 PM

Flame away if you want but we charge our children toys for each question they ask after it's time for bed. Example if DD wants to ask why is the sky blue it will cost her her favorite stuffed animal. They get there toys back the next night if they stay in bed.

toys2teach 01-25-2013 04:57 AM

She rarely ever naps. If she does she won't want to go to sleep until 10:00 :banghead: She was definitely tired last night...... maybe she was overtired? I must have been sleeping good last night though because I woke up this morning and she was in bed with us. Sneaky girl :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrseum (Post 16203008)
Does she still nap?? My 3yo used to do that until the time change & he started refusing naps. Was getting out of bed non stop-even after I'd given him his melatonin to help him wind down & fall asleep. Now he goes without fuss.