Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I bought some Alva diapers off of Ebay... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485210)

escapethevillage 01-25-2013 10:04 AM

I bought some Alva diapers off of Ebay...

They were a great price, free shipping. I paid the same for each diaper. They are SUPER cute.

But, half have a microfiber insert and liner, and the other have a nicer fabric. (don't know what it's called, maybe it's velour) The microfiber is the same fabric that you'd get if you bought a bunch of towels to wash your car.

It took me about two minutes to realize I hate microfiber. It annoys me. I don't know why. But, It bothers my hands. It doesn't burn or irritate, it just bugs me. Would it also bug a baby's bottom?

Does it get better as you wash it?

Finniansmama 01-25-2013 10:16 AM

Re: I bought some Alva diapers off of Ebay...

It would definitely bug baby's bottom, which is why it needs to placed in the pocket and not right up against the baby's skin. There are many mamas who hate it and won't use it. It is also harder to keep from getting stinky over time. You can always replace the inserts in your diapers though :)

escapethevillage 01-25-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finniansmama (Post 16204213)
It would definitely bug baby's bottom, which is why it needs to placed in the pocket and not right up against the baby's skin. There are many mamas who hate it and won't use it. It is also harder to keep from getting stinky over time. You can always replace the inserts in your diapers though :)

I do have tons of inserts. I can just put these two away and use them only if I need to.

I wondered if it was just me who feels this way about the fabric.

s@hmommy 01-25-2013 10:20 AM

I hate that sticky feeling microfiber has, it grosses me out. Alva also makes a super soft bamboo insert that I love and a blend one, I have never seen these though.

greencrunchymama 01-25-2013 10:25 AM

I hate the way microfiber feels too. :yuck:

momof3boys1girl 01-25-2013 10:32 AM

i love the blends

Raspberry Kisses 01-25-2013 11:02 AM

Wow! I thought it was just me! I HATE the feel of microfiber! That's why I disliked stuffing diapers so much when my oldest was a baby. They start to stink quickly too. :yuck:

New DD is due in 10 weeks and this time I plan to try cotton, bamboo, and hemp. :)

chandni3 01-25-2013 01:25 PM

I hate microfiber too. I'm glad that FB make theirs minky now though I usually stuff with flats. Did you say the lining is microfiber too? Or just the insert.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-25-2013 01:46 PM

I would think the pocket inner is fleece. The smoother one might be the suede.