Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   question for bamboozle users (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485281)

Pink84 01-25-2013 11:31 AM

question for bamboozle users

Does it work well for a semi-heavy wetter overnight? I have a 5 month old that sleeps 10-12 hour stretches at night and wakes up wet half the time. I don't want to wake him just to change his diaper.

Do you add any additional absorbancy to it? If so, what do you pack it with?

Then, what cover works best with it? My little guy is sensitive to exposed PUL (ie. the flap in the front of most covers). Can anyone tell me if a size 2 Bamboozle would fit under a GroVia shell?

Oh! And how does it wash up? Any stink issues?

Thanks for all your help!

EyeDocMommy 01-25-2013 12:12 PM

It was not absorbent enough with my heavy wetter even with an extra doubler. The aplix wears ok. Don't know about the Gro Via shell.

AmandaA 01-25-2013 12:16 PM

Re: question for bamboozle users

This was one of my best successes with diapering our 2 year old overnight (12 hour stomach sleeper). I would use the snap in insert that came with it and add one more insert (hemp or bamboo) just to be safe. I don't have any grovia covers to offer any experience with that combo. What worked best for me was a RaR OS cover- the shape was great for covering the fitted, worked well with skinny legs, and I liked the elastic across the belly on the front to help keep the fitted from working its way out by morning. Fails for me with this diaper were a Flip and all of the Bummis. Flip didn't have the right coverage over the top of the hip and Bummis always seemed to creep out of the top by morning. As far as washing goes, it was pretty easy compared to some of my others (like the Ecoposh). We fought ammonia issues with all of our overnight diapers (not the diaper's fault necessarily- FL'er washer, 2 year old concentrated pee, etc.) and used a combo of Tide and bleach to win the battle.

Pink84 01-25-2013 04:19 PM

Thanks Mamas! Anyone else...to break the tie?

fluffycheeks 01-25-2013 04:33 PM

I vote not absorbent enought for nighttime. Great daytime fitted though.

rumblepurr 01-25-2013 04:39 PM

I had the old-school ones with the snaps and a few of the newer ones with the velcro.
Loved the older ones. They were more absorbent, snapped and had a sewn in soaker they were bulkier though. I would throw a small g diaper hemp insert on top (with the microfleece for a wetness barrier) and last all night with my super soaker. I used thirsties duos or wool for covers.

The newer ones were thinner/trimmer and I didn't find them as absorbent for nights, and the velcro rubbed my DS's belly, however they did stay velvety soft for longer and dried faster.

Spunkify 01-25-2013 06:27 PM

I bought two to try them after they got rave reviews on the other mommy board I'm on. I have not used them for nighttime but they do seem to be pretty good for daytime. I did wash them like 6/7 before using though. I've used them under Sweet Peas covers and Thirsties duo wraps so far.

We change during the night anyway but I think I would less inclined to use them for nighttime because my son is sensitive to wetness, I know it bothers him, and the Bamboozles fell kinda like a damp towel which I imagine doesn't feel comfortable for him.

togetherinthelandofoz 01-25-2013 08:34 PM

I used them for nights when I had them and I really like them. I don't really like fitteds, but if I still had any this would be it. They're so versatile. They're super trim for daytime weather you use the extra snap in soaker or not. But like I said I mainly used them at night with the snap in soaker that comes with them and an additional doubler (they way they are made it is easy to add whatever you need for extra absorbency, very soft and stretchy). I used a Green Line Bamboo Doubler or a BabyKicks Joeybunz Medium Hemp Doubler. They dry pretty quickly, faster than other fitteds. I love how soft the leg elastic is and the aplix is awesome on these. They are so squishy soft too! Without a doubler I don't think they would be absorbant enough for nights.

I used them under Disana Wool Soaker or they fit under a Wallypop fleece cover. I don't know about the Grovia Covers.