Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Consign store rant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485332)

abunchoflemons 01-25-2013 02:24 PM

Consign store rant

I sent a box of spring stuff to the local consign store to try to get rid of things. They took 2 of a 3 part item set, took a dress but not the shirt and a few other things like that went with other things as well (so took tops but not bottoms) leaving me with a bunch of stuff that still is stain free and spring clothing at least to me as in early spring I wouldn't put sun dresses and shorts on a kid.

GGGGGGGRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommabritt 01-25-2013 02:30 PM

I always tell my consignment store to keep sets together. If they don't want both pieces to send them back. That really irks me. Sorry.

abunchoflemons 01-25-2013 02:32 PM

Re: Consign store rant

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 16205543)
I always tell my consignment store to keep sets together. If they don't want both pieces to send them back. That really irks me. Sorry.

We dropped off and had a crabby toddler so couldn't say that. I had it paired up too of everything that went together and it looked as if my toddler went through the box when we got it later....

monkeyscience 01-25-2013 05:13 PM

Weird - I work at a consignment store, and we much prefer sets to single items! In fact, in some sizes, we won't even take things that aren't sets. That is really annoying!

abunchoflemons 01-25-2013 06:53 PM

Well it was long &short sleeve shirts & pants. Took dress but not shirt, took onesie but not pants........ glad to hear it isn't all stores.

lrgs 01-25-2013 10:00 PM

Oh gosh.......I found a local mama with a DD a year younger then mine and just pass down everything to her.......I'm so thankful I don't have to deal with consigning or anything like that. It's great for both of us because she gets a lot of free clothes and every so often, she buys me a Starbucks gift card :)

themamageek 01-26-2013 06:14 PM

I hate that. I bought a shirt from a consignment store. When I got home, I noticed it was stained. Washed it, got the stain out and tried it on DD. Didn't fit her so I brought it back in with some other stuff to sell to them and they said the shirt wasn't good enough condition. I bought it in worse condition... really??

abunchoflemons 01-26-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aithyne (Post 16210143)
I hate that. I bought a shirt from a consignment store. When I got home, I noticed it was stained. Washed it, got the stain out and tried it on DD. Didn't fit her so I brought it back in with some other stuff to sell to them and they said the shirt wasn't good enough condition. I bought it in worse condition... really??

I bought pj for my daughter like that with like paint on them but I didn't have tag our nothing but time I realized so I couldn't take back... Some of the stuff I debt in were better than other things I have seen for condition in the store too... I just don't get it... Like Jeans they saris that were to work...no not really.........our my mom said said there were strains on poetry barn bumper when there were none........