Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Goodmama tell me abot them? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485348)

momgoddesswife 01-25-2013 02:56 PM

Goodmama tell me abot them?

I'm so out of the loop. I see a lot of these on Spot's NIP, tons all the time it seems, is the "store front" on Spot's? I don't get it why are there so many new on there?

The fact that there are so many makes you think they must have issues or something but the asking prices tells a different story. Is it people snatching them up then jacking up the prices like people do with ebay and concert tickets etc. :headscratch:

BTW are they that amazing that they are worth $43? Am I missing out on something.

greencrunchymama 01-25-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Goodmama tell me abot them?

I am not a big fan. I'd much rather buy a Poppy Fields diaper!

Tris 01-25-2013 03:11 PM

I had them years ago, they went up to $50 a pop depending. I don't know what I was thinking hah. I'm bound and determined to KISS and inexpensive this time!

P!nkPepper 01-25-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momgoddesswife (Post 16205651)
I'm so out of the loop. I see a lot of these on Spot's NIP, tons all the time it seems, is the "store front" on Spot's? I don't get it why are there so many new on there?

The fact that there are so many makes you think they must have issues or something but the asking prices tells a different story. Is it people snatching them up then jacking up the prices like people do with ebay and concert tickets etc. :headscratch:

BTW are they that amazing that they are worth $43? Am I missing out on something.

Because people buy them, don't use them & sell them to buy more they don't use. Addiction, collection, hoarding etc. They are sold like before from the goodmama store. But they have these "designer" diapers where people buy the fabric & have them made into the diapers, like SYOF on steroids because it is all the time. Then there are fussy cuts where you have better chances at getting the cut of xyz on the bum you want. Because nobody wants upside-down stuff or half of that cute slutty Alice.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

mrsbernstein 01-25-2013 04:07 PM

The VOLUME has nothing to do wiht the QUALITY.

They are a pretty nice diaper. SUPER soft on the bum of baby. I have an INSANE stash of diapers, and about 1/3 are Goodmamas.

Personally, I find Sbish EASIER to launder, but the GMs stay SOFTER. For nighttime, sbish hold more. But GMs are perfect for day-use.

MrsB

seacat 01-25-2013 04:20 PM

They aren't absorbent enough for day or night use for us, but not much other than sbish is.

momgoddesswife 01-25-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19 (Post 16205782)
Because people buy them, don't use them & sell them to buy more they don't use. Addiction, collection, hoarding etc. They are sold like before from the goodmama store. But they have these "designer" diapers where people buy the fabric & have them made into the diapers, like SYOF on steroids because it is all the time. Then there are fussy cuts where you have better chances at getting the cut of xyz on the bum you want. Because nobody wants upside-down stuff or half of that cute slutty Alice.

This is a whole other language to me. :giggle: You lost me at Fussy Cuts. LOL

So basically people buying them just to buy them and say they got one and then not actually planning on using them. What is the regular price on them?

P!nkPepper 01-25-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momgoddesswife (Post 16206033)

This is a whole other language to me. :giggle: You lost me at Fussy Cuts. LOL

So basically people buying them just to buy them and say they got one and then not actually planning on using them. What is the regular price on them?

The Fussy Cuts are where you get a certain part of the fabric, you get to choose IIRC. Some fabric tells a story, so to speak. Has different things on it and say it is Alice in wonderland and you really want Alice on the bum. Then you can get that. Or you love the cute little Batman not Wonderwoman. You pick.

I can't say exactly about why they buy them. Some get caught up in it. Some find another they have to buy before their diaper is even made since lots are pre-order. Some have loads of money. It always seemed like a popularity contest.

I don't think all buy them planning to not use them. But in my case, it was too hard to actually let my kid poop in a diaper I paid 3 times retail for. So they sat there. Then I sold them.

Retail varies depending on if it is a designer diaper or just a regular diaper. The rules have changed since when I was in deep. I was an addict back in '09. Then you paid $39.xx for 1 diaper and you had to stalk and pray you got it. Feelings got hurt because I wasn't a "cool kid" didn't know the tricks to score one as fast as the other"in the know" mamas. Right about the time I sold them off, I was "let in on the secret". Since then they went down to $28 in price when they went through a slow period & now I have seen them more than $50 just from GM headquarters. Those are "special" Hard to find fabrics I have been told.

momgoddesswife 01-25-2013 06:11 PM

Wow. Speaking of Alice it's like going through the rabbit hole it seems.

I haven't been looking for that long at them, a couple months, but I haven't seen a print I thought was amazing honestly. IDK.

I think I'll stay far away I don't need another addiction. LOL At $50 a diaper though I would want it to wash itself. :giggle2:

P!nkPepper 01-25-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momgoddesswife (Post 16206408)
Wow. Speaking of Alice it's like going through the rabbit hole it seems.

I haven't been looking for that long at them, a couple months, but I haven't seen a print I thought was amazing honestly. IDK.

I think I'll stay far away I don't need another addiction. LOL At $50 a diaper though I would want it to wash itself. :giggle2:

It is another world! Not for me. My addiction caused much strain to my marriage. So not worth it.

I do have a few printed fitteds. I got a blue cranky clouds from Poppy Fields Shop half price when I won a coupon on Facebook & it is beautiful. C/S is amazing. DiaperSwappers own *Peanut* is the WAHM that makes them & I just love it. It is so absorbant, I am in :wub: