Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mom sick vs. rest if the family sick (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485349)

kelpie169 01-25-2013 01:59 PM

Mom sick vs. rest if the family sick

I feel like I'm dying. I'm exaggerating but not by too much. I have a fever, no voice, a hacking cough, a runny nose, body aches, sore teeth (sinus pressure), a headache and no appetite.
My kids no husband are all sick too. They have coughs, runny noses and...nothing else.
But it's the absolute end of the world for all them. Nt to mention that I've been home with all three of them since last Wednesday. My oldest has been too sick for school since he's so snotty.

I'm not complaining about my husband not taking care of me or anything. He has to work. I'm just frustrated since I'm so much sicker than everyone else, but I seem to get the least amount of help or care. Sigh. Okay rant over.

mibarra 01-25-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Mom sick vs. rest if the family sick

A mommy's work is never done!! Hope everyone gets well soon! :)

bluedaisyma 01-25-2013 02:19 PM

Yeah we all have the stomach bug and dh had to work, so at my sickest, I have an 8 mo old climbing all over me (he's not sick) and a 2 yr old throwing up in my hair while I'm asleep. Oh and teens needing tea, tissues, etc

Sent from Future Dwight

paper_girl_76 01-25-2013 03:32 PM

i am right there with you! I am sick, just like you, worst then everyone else, but I am the only one who can't just lay around and do nothing...:hugs:

ktarsha 01-25-2013 03:40 PM

Yep. My boys & I were sick nearly all of Christmas break, first with a stomach bug and then with the flu. Except for one day when I could barely manage to walk around the house because of achiness, I was changing diapers, getting snacks and lunches, overseeing the bedtime routine, and trying to get work hours in (I work from home) - pretty much everything I do normally. DH got the flu after we were all over it, and he got to hide out in his home office for three days, resting in peace and quiet. Must be nice.

TwinKristi 01-25-2013 04:52 PM

Yeah I was puking my brains out, like 10x in 4 hours, while home alone with my 13 month old! I couldn't move without throwing up. I sat on the toilet with him on the floor, puking into a garbage can while he plays in the dirty clothes on the floor. OMG it was awful. I got his poopy diaper changed and ran to puke in the sink! I finally called my mom after a few hours and the baby was getting into the garbage can but I couldn't stop throwing up! Of course like 3 mins before she got there he fell asleep and luckily she brought me a bowl to puke in! Then dh came home about 30 mins later. It was horrible!!!!
Right now everyone has the flu, but for some reason I don't YET. Only had alot of congestion and some mild aches and pains.

Almacham 01-25-2013 04:55 PM

Ugh. I hear you. :( :hugs:

jpabruzzese 01-25-2013 05:39 PM

Yes, it's positively awful when mommy gets sick.. I hope you feel better really soon.

DalesWidda 01-25-2013 08:08 PM

As a single mom I fervently pray for health. And if I must get sick I pray that my oldest is healthy because she literally runs the house when I'm bedridden. Its no fun

firemommaof1 01-25-2013 08:16 PM

Yep same here. I'm on deaths door sick and begging for help from hubby. Sometimes I just feel so resentful that I can never get taken care of. When he's sick he gets the royal treatment. He is taking care of the kids but it just seems like I'm looked over. Sigh. I feel ya mama.