Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Age and fertility (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485816)

5PrincessMommy 01-27-2013 12:22 AM

Age and fertility
 
So I read an article that says fertility starts decreasing dramatically at 30, and continues to decrease to 35, and then from 35-40 decreases much more (ha, did that make sense?).

So I'm curious, for those who do not use birth control and are over 39 have you noticed this? Meaning maybe you had lots of babies before 30 but it slowed down after 30?

Sorry fur typos. I can't see what I'm typing on the app!

5PrincessMommy 01-27-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
So I read an article that says fertility starts decreasing dramatically at 30, and continues to decrease to 35, and then from 35-40 decreases much more (ha, did that make sense?).

So I'm curious, for those who do not use birth control and are over 39 have you noticed this? Meaning maybe you had lots of babies before 30 but it slowed down after 30?

Sorry fur typos. I can't see what I'm typing on the app!

That should say over 30 not 39

Chamomile Girl 01-27-2013 12:35 AM

Re: Age and fertility
 
No.

We started TTC when I was 31, and had no luck for four long years. DS was conceived when I was 35, and DS2 at 37, both spontaneously I guess you could say.

So I seem to have gotten more fertile as I've aged.

5PrincessMommy 01-27-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl
No.

We started TTC when I was 31, and had no luck for four long years. DS was conceived when I was 35, and DS2 at 37, both spontaneously I guess you could say.

So I seem to have gotten more fertile as I've aged.

Interesting! I think I read somewhere else that once you have a baby your fertility increases so maybe that is why. But I could totally be making that up. I read a lot and only seem to remember bits and pieces lol!

Chamomile Girl 01-27-2013 12:45 AM

Re: Age and fertility
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy (Post 16211519)
Interesting! I think I read somewhere else that once you have a baby your fertility increases so maybe that is why. But I could totally be making that up. I read a lot and only seem to remember bits and pieces lol!

Yes I have read that too. I wish DH had since he was not as careful as he might have been since "It was so hard for you to get pregnant with DS!".

5PrincessMommy 01-27-2013 12:46 AM

I ask this question because I will be turning 30 soon, but I am on the depo shot do cannot test this out lol! I had 5 kids between the ages of 18-28. Basically the only time I didn't have a kid during that time was when I was 1) pregnant already 2) on birth control but even then it wasn't full proof hence kid 3 and 5 and 3) was divorced and not remarried yet. Basically anytime I was "active" and not already pregnant I got pregnant.

My mom got pregnant with my brother at 34. But there was a long gap..but that's because my dad got a vasectomy, but then my mom got divorced remarried etc. so no way to tell if there would have been a long gap had there not been those factors.

5PrincessMommy 01-27-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl

Yes I have read that too. I wish DH had since he was not as careful as he might have been since "It was so hard for you to get pregnant with DS!".

Haha whoops!

abunchoflemons 01-27-2013 02:48 AM

Re: Age and fertility
 
Doesn't seem that way for my sil... 8 kids & she's in 30s or so mayb 40s.......

willownz 01-27-2013 04:01 AM

I had a baby easily (umplanned) at 25. It has been a mission since then to not only get pregnant but to stay pregnant. I have three living kids but have had 4 1st tri mc and one second tri. It has also taken me longer and longer to gey pregnant. I stated trying for Ben when I was 31, he took 14 months and he didnt make it.
My fertility is definetly going downhill.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.

butterflygirl71 01-27-2013 05:03 AM

Re: Age and fertility
 
I am 42 and due with #6 in 2 weeks. I don't think my fertility has really decreased much. I have been having babies since I was 18.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors