Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   What do natural contractions feel like? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486101)

Emily Whited 01-27-2013 09:00 PM

What do natural contractions feel like?

Ok I haven't had a baby in four years and I have been induced both times never even beginning to go into labor on my own. I am wondering if anyone can describe what natural contractions feel like or refresh my memory on what contractions feel like in general. I am 39 weeks 2 days and having a lot of pain tonight but don't quite remember what contractions feel like. These feel more like sharp pains then the cramps that I slightly remember. Thanks in advance.

iwiamandaiwi 01-27-2013 09:03 PM

Re: What do natural contractions feel like?

for me i would describe it as your stomache suddenly turning into a giant, heavy cement ball while at the same time someone is karate kicking you in the small of your back :) But I was induced and then had to have a csection so idk if that is what it feels like if you are not induced.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-27-2013 09:04 PM

Contractions usually come in a pattern. I'd time them and see how often they come and how long it lasts.

iwiamandaiwi 01-27-2013 09:04 PM

my braxton hicks feel like my stomache is turning into a tight ball and it is sometimes painful and takes my breath away but not painful to the point where I would think it was labor. Just like where it is really uncomforatable and I have to stop and breathe through it a bit.

Sarah-B 01-27-2013 10:01 PM

Use the app called full term to track them. Super easy u just hit start and stop.
I just takes your breath away a little. And your whole stomach and back fell pressure.

Sarah-B 01-27-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B
Use the app called full term to track them. Super easy u just hit start and stop.
I just takes your breath away a little. And your whole stomach and back fell pressure.

A little stronger than a period cramp

Namiko 01-27-2013 10:08 PM

When the real contractions started (1 1/2 weeks after my due date) it felt at first like I had to go to the bathroom. I know that sounds weird but that is the best way to describe it for me. I actually went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet because I was so certain that was the problem. They did, after all, start right after dinner. Are you hoping to avoid an induction this time?

Emily Whited 01-27-2013 10:43 PM

Thanks ladies, I downloaded the app. I would live to go into labor naturally but if I don't I have had two good inductions so I don't fear it if we get there.

jlsquire0324 01-28-2013 12:17 PM

Period cramps that come and go in waves and grow in intensity

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 12:24 PM

My back labor was like someone shot me with what I assume paint ball gun at point blank range. It made you stop in your tracks....with first

Other was like cramps for me. They came & went & didn't leave... they started getting closer together & regular intervals. I was told wait til 5 min apart to go in..... second

I have had somee 3rd time here but not regular or constant few hrs worth......